M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

04-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Plasti-dip front grills and side vents

Thinking about plasti-dipping the front grill chrom trim pieces and the chrome trim on the side vents. Already have the can, but I'm thinking about ordering "glossifer" to give it a clear coat finish from dipyourcar.com.

I plan on masking off the areas and spraying the trim pieces without removing it from the vehicle.

Any thoughts?

If it looks terrible and tacky, I can peel it off and order the painted front grills and side vents.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

I would remove them to spray If I were you. The crime also separates so no taping. It's pretty simple and would also cover better. If you don't like it just have them vinyl wrapped. I did mine and it looks great!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
I would remove them to spray If I were you. The crime also separates so no taping. It's pretty simple and would also cover better. If you don't like it just have them vinyl wrapped. I did mine and it looks great!!

Looking forward to it. I'll be covering behind the grill and all around it. I'm afraid I'll break tabs while I try to remove it from the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post

Looking forward to it. I'll be covering behind the grill and all around it. I'm afraid I'll break tabs while I try to remove it from the bumper.
You should be fine. Seriously they just pop right out. It's so easy it actually kinda makes you wonder about someone stealing them.
Appreciate 0