F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wait is over tomorrow
ARMA SPEED

04-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
jamjon
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Wait is over tomorrow

Hi all
Well as the title says tomorrow i rejoin the BMW community after three years in an Audi. Had a company E90 320i MSport which i loved but then at the end of the lease stupidly moved to a 2.0 Audi A6 SLine. Whilst the Audi was a nice place to be in, it was boring and lacked that feeling of excitement and pleasure i always got in the 320i.
So this time i've gone back to the 3 series, but this time to the 330d as this has always been my dream car.
Finances and company limits have 'restricted' this to an F31 MSport in EBll with the only options being the 403's and sun protection glass.
Im sure i'll be envious of some of the options you guys have added but it was the engine over toys that was always going to be the winner here.
Well im sat here giving the dog from hell his breakfast and thinking to myself 'just one more sleep to go'....... Im like a kid

Im sure i'll be asking some questions over the next few weeks, but for now just got the one please ..... As i've not got Nav, would my music show artwork from the USB stick? Or is this just available with the Nav options or via bluetooth. I have tried searching but most of the threads just talk about bluetooth streaming - I'm talking about via usb stick

Thanks guys
Jamjon
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #2
paulf
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport 2020

Nearly there!
I'm in a similar boat to you. Ordered a pretty 'basic' 330d M Sport in EBII. Only options I could swing on company car scheme was pro media, loudspeakers and internet. I focused too on engine and wanting the auto box.
I have a couple of weeks to go whilst DVLA sort out my private plate.
Enjoy your day, the wait will be a distant memory tomorrow!
Look forward to the pictures..!
      04-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

Enjoy your new car it will be a long day and night I hope you get some sleep

No artwork on the standard iDrive display I'm afraid.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 03:18 AM   #4
jamjon
Rep

Gonna try and keep myself busy today i guess. Watching Liverpool taking a step nearer to the title will help somewhat
Not too bothered about the album artwork if i'm honest - but does seem a bit mean by BMW. The wife's Mercedes A Class 180SE has it and thats only a £20k machine without Nav. You would have thought a £40k car would have it as standard!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjon View Post
Gonna try and keep myself busy today i guess. Watching Liverpool taking a step nearer to the title will help somewhat
Not too bothered about the album artwork if i'm honest - but does seem a bit mean by BMW. The wife's Mercedes A Class 180SE has it and thats only a £20k machine without Nav. You would have thought a £40k car would have it as standard!!

Good luck both with your new cars.

On about album art, this is another example of car manufacturers making people pay for stuff, that is usually standard on lower cost cars.

With VW, you have the door sill metal strip as an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #6
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjon View Post
Hi all
Well as the title says tomorrow i rejoin the BMW community after three years in an Audi. Had a company E90 320i MSport which i loved but then at the end of the lease stupidly moved to a 2.0 Audi A6 SLine. Whilst the Audi was a nice place to be in, it was boring and lacked that feeling of excitement and pleasure i always got in the 320i.
So this time i've gone back to the 3 series, but this time to the 330d as this has always been my dream car.
Finances and company limits have 'restricted' this to an F31 MSport in EBll with the only options being the 403's and sun protection glass.
Im sure i'll be envious of some of the options you guys have added but it was the engine over toys that was always going to be the winner here.
Well im sat here giving the dog from hell his breakfast and thinking to myself 'just one more sleep to go'....... Im like a kid

Im sure i'll be asking some questions over the next few weeks, but for now just got the one please ..... As i've not got Nav, would my music show artwork from the USB stick? Or is this just available with the Nav options or via bluetooth. I have tried searching but most of the threads just talk about bluetooth streaming - I'm talking about via usb stick

Thanks guys
Jamjon
Hi Jamjon - congratulations on the new car.

Spookily I am also picking up my 330d tomorrow and am returning to BMW after a flirtation with Audi. I currently have an A4 3.0 V6 TDI quattro which I bought after the winter of 2010/11 did for me in a RWD auto E90 (xdrive not available then). Whilst it's ticked a few of boxes for my motoring life as a V6, a quattro and having twin pipes on the back (I've always liked that) it's just not as engaging as a BMW.

Hope we both have a great day tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
jamjon
Rep

I know what you mean about car manufacturers. The wife's Merc even has BT streaming. Still, it hasn't got an 8 speed sports auto box or a 258hp 6 cylinder engine with 560nm of torque .... So each to their own

Like you Rhino i found the Audi somewhat lifeless, and even though it was a 2.0 same as my 320i, it was just 'pleasant' to drive, not exhilarating....

So looking forward to the 330d - gonna be the fastest car i've had
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Pietro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Golf

Congratulations to all you swines getting your cars tomorrow - pictures please to keep the rest of us waiters entertained!!

Hope it stays dry for you!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Meds
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport +

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillCC
Congratulations to all you swines getting your cars tomorrow - pictures please to keep the rest of us waiters entertained!!

Hope it stays dry for you!
+1