E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mishimoto FMIC

04-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Mishimoto FMIC

Looks like Mishimoto is making the HPF FMIC... ECS Tuning is selling them for $640...

BMW E9X 335 Performance Intercooler
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

We've been selling them for a while...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Looks more like an OEM connector version of our 5" to be honest. I don't think HPF ever made a 7".
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
We've been selling them for a while...
Sorry Jeff, guess I didn't notice them on your site.

I highly recommend the o-ring connections with the positive clips and I highly recommend contacting Jeff at Top Gear Solutions for pricing. Even if Jeff can't match the price to the penny, we need to support the vendors who support us.

BTW... The parts business is cut-throat and without people like Jeff at Top Gear and Mike at X-PH to name a few of the vendors who are active online, prices would skyrocket. I don't think we take the time to thank you guys enough for everything you do on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Looks more like an OEM connector version of our 5" to be honest. I don't think HPF ever made a 7".
I have a 7" HPF with OEM connectors.

Edit: Forgot to mention VRSF DPs also...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post

I highly recommend the o-ring connections with the positive clips and I highly recommend contacting Jeff at Top Gear Solutions for pricing. Even if Jeff can't match the price to the penny, we need to support the vendors who support us.

BTW... The parts business is cut-throat and without people like Jeff at Top Gear and Mike at X-PH to name a few of the vendors who are active online, prices would skyrocket. I don't think we take the time to thank you guys enough for everything you do on the forums.

Very cut throat and vendor pricing is not cheap!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
Looks like Mishimoto is making the HPF FMIC... ECS Tuning is selling them for $640...

BMW E9X 335 Performance Intercooler
Wow welcome to 4 or 5 months ago I think ECS is the last vendor to the party. Full pdf testing data from Mishimoto has even been out for months. Pros: easy install, well built, real development (testing different cores etc). Cons: small size, cost a lil more (but I don't think Mishimoto seeks bottom dollar manufacturing). OEM connectors plus or minus depending on your viewpoint. At $640 (pretty much everywhere) can't pull the trigger over the ETS 5" or AMS. They are a lil more difficult to install but I have little doubt they'll be more effective in extremes.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Thanks Man

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #9
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
Wow welcome to 4 or 5 months ago I think ECS is the last vendor to the party. Full pdf testing data from Mishimoto has even been out for months. Pros: easy install, well built, real development (testing different cores etc). Cons: small size, cost a lil more (but I don't think Mishimoto seeks bottom dollar manufacturing). OEM connectors plus or minus depending on your viewpoint. At $640 (pretty much everywhere) can't pull the trigger over the ETS 5" or AMS. They are a lil more difficult to install but I have little doubt they'll be more effective in extremes.
Well, I don't troll the forums, so when I noticed the ECS email I thought I would comment as I have the 7" HPF. Thanks for your insightful input.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #10
mishimoto
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hey guys,

Figured I would chime in here. Our intercooler was completely designed in-house by our engineering team and has no relation to the HPF unit. We conducted a ton of testing and collected data regarding performance and cooling efficiency.

We have a full report for this cooler at the link below!

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...ringreport.pdf

This thread has great timing! We are actually in the process of running a contest to give away one of these coolers. See the link below!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...0#post15850450

Let me know if you have any questions about the cooler or need additional information. We still have a few samples here in the office.
Appreciate 0