F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another F31 ordered (335D X-Drive)
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster Spyder

Another F31 ordered (335D X-Drive)

Been lurking on here a while so decided its about time that we took the plunge and order our very 1st BMW.

Due to use getting a dog about 6 months ago, we decided that its about time that we entered into the sensible car market for a change. This cute boy is the reason for the change (although he is a little bit bigger now):

Unfortunately he is finding my wife's company car (Renault Clio 200RS with cup pack) a little bit too stiff in the back. As it is going back in October we decided to take the plunge and order our new car.

Decision was also helped by selling our Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 2 Targa a couple of weekends ago. Due to the dog we were finding that our weekend time is being spent mostly with him rather than enjoying car runs in the country side. However we have still kept our other weekend car so all is not lost for sunny scottish open top motoring.

So we have ordered:
Alpine White with Coral Red Interior
Interior Comfort Pack
Media pack - Professional
Visibility Pack
M Sport Braking system
19" M Star 403M Alloys
Adaptive Sport Suspension
Sun protection glass
Ext mirror - folding + auto dimming
Elec Fr Seats + Driver memory
Seat Heating - front (for us)
Seat Heating - rear (for the dog)
+ De-badged

Looking forward to getting the car and joining the fold.

We are still undecided about the M Performance body kit as thinking about being stealthy for a while as it gets a bit tedious being raced off the lights some times.

George
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Nice spec and a great car. Now the long wait until delivery. At least it's not another EBII.
      04-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Nice spec and a great car. Now the long wait until delivery. At least it's not another EBII.
Big deliberations over EBII but love the look of the Alpine white. Colour reminds me so much of the E30 M3 that I looked at for ages in Autotrader and trying to convince my wife about it (alas it was not to be but did get an S1 Elise instead).

George
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

EBII rules - go on change it, you know you want to!

Nice spec, enjoy the wait and welcome.
      04-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #5
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

That's a lovely dog you got there ...or is it a bitch?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
That's a lovely dog you got there ...or is it a bitch?
Definitely a dog but he has the temperament of a bitch (in a good way). He was supposed to be a gun dog but did not get through all of his training - seemingly every time he finds rabbits he starts squealing which is an instant fail in gun trails. We got him when he was 15 months and he has just turned 2.

Amazed me how it has changed our life, especially with the cars being a complete petrol head. Always loved the look of the Tourer but didn't think this time last year it would have been on our radar - thoughts last year was a used Aston V8 or another 911!!

George
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

The m sport plus obviously includes the xenons and sun protection glass in rear.

If you are PCP then it can make monthly payment cheaper as it adds to future calue.

Lovely spec and cute dog, however dogs go in the back not the back seats lol.

Mine is usually mud covered after a lot of walks so he is bunged in the back no seats for him lol
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

He will be mostly be in the boot of the new car however he is often in the back seat of the Clio as the dog guard does not allow us to put the boot cover on. However completely agree that when he's muddy it's the boot all the way. Suspect sometimes he will be I'm the rear as he's well behaved although we would have a blanket to protect the seats.

Did think about the M Sport Plus but it was cheaper ordering the sun protection glass separately with the xenons in the visibility pack (wanted the adaptive lights anyway). Believe me been through the permutations with the salesman.

George
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #9
kavesig
Rep
Drives: bmw f31 335d touring

Had an M3 5 years ago which I had to trade for a soon to be sold Audi A6 Avant owing to the arrival of two working cockers (brother and sister), one of which looks identical to your handsome boy! They could be brothers. It seems that we have also got very similar taste in cars. Congrats on both.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #10
alex_chung
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive M Sport (Plus)

Lovely dog and a well specced car.
Alex
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
Paulifa
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d

Nice dog mate ours squeals when she finds a rabbit and sh!ts herself if she hears a gun and she's a cocker spaniel and supposed to be a gun dog.

I'd stick your missus in the boot and let the dog have the front seat to be honest
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulifa View Post
Nice dog mate ours squeals when she finds a rabbit and sh!ts herself if she hears a gun and she's a cocker spaniel and supposed to be a gun dog.

I'd stick your missus in the boot and let the dog have the front seat to be honest
Lol

Mine keeps bring back bunnies usually alive and expects to take them home.
He is also an avid plane spotter and sits in garden or on walks and watches jets n helicopters lol
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #13
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
The m sport plus obviously includes the xenons and sun protection glass in rear.
It appears that the price of the M Sport Plus package goes down to £1190 (from £1900) when you specify the Visibility Package :-) I think this must be a Q2 change as I cannot remember this happening in Q1.

So I have just emailed the dealer to confirm this as it means that if I specify the MSport Plus Package then the overall price of the car goes down whilst getting the HK stereo thrown in :-)

If that is the case then big bonus :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #14
moonshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgdmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
It appears that the price of the M Sport Plus package goes down to 1190 (from 1900) when you specify the Visibility Package :-) I think this must be a Q2 change as I cannot remember this happening in Q1.

So I have just emailed the dealer to confirm this as it means that if I specify the MSport Plus Package then the overall price of the car goes down whilst getting the HK stereo thrown in :-)

If that is the case then big bonus :-)
The price of Msport plus has always dropped from £1900 to £1190 with viz Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #15
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
The price of Msport plus has always dropped from £1900 to £1190 with viz Pack
My monthly amount dropped when I added 'viz' pack to the msport + pack.

Big billy bonus.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Order changed to M Sport Plus so now have boomtastic stereo and a cheaper price - bonus
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgdmw View Post
Order changed to M Sport Plus so now have boomtastic stereo and a cheaper price - bonus
It's a win win sorta thing
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #18
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
However we have still kept our other weekend car so all is not lost for sunny scottish open top motoring.
So what is your other car? The Boxster? Any pics?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:00 AM   #19
douglasgdmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
So what is your other car? The Boxster? Any pics?
Yep we have a Boxster Spyder as the weekend car

Just had it for over a year and truly epic car. We had an order in for the new Lotus Exige V6 but cancelled the order when Lotus were mucking about with delivery dates due to us wanting something slightly different (long, long story). So my wife/I ended up searching on Pistonheads to get a list of possible cars to get next and the Spyder seemed the best choice for what we wanted.

Definitely no regrets with the Spyder over the Exige V6 (even with having 3 Lotus's previously). The price of the Spyder has held steady due to it being a limited edition Boxster as there were only 240 made for the UK and when the right one comes on the market they get snapped up in days.

We decided that after getting the dog, weekends were no longer spent enjoying the cars. We could not justify a car sitting in the garage covering very few miles each year (get enough grief with the motorbike sitting doing nothing) so it was a toss up between the Spyder or 911 going. So we sold the 911 a couple of weeks back to make way for the BMW:

George
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:16 AM   #20
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Nice garage you have! I love having the 335d tourer as the long term all rounder, and then constantly thinking what other car to have alongside for fun!

Currently the Z4, but constantly looking at 911s, M3s, or leftfield options like E46 Alpina convertibles as the daily driver and a more focussed car for the track and weekends, like an Elise, Caterham, VX220...

Aren't cars just fabulous!
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #21
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Nice garage you have! I love having the 335d tourer as the long term all rounder, and then constantly thinking what other car to have alongside for fun!

Currently the Z4, but constantly looking at 911s, M3s, or leftfield options like E46 Alpina convertibles as the daily driver and a more focussed car for the track and weekends, like an Elise, Caterham, VX220...

Aren't cars just fabulous!
The next car to replace is the wife's.

Previously it's been a hatch (Golf, fiesta/focus st,etc).

However she will be used to the 330 by the time we change, so realistically I know it will be something more fun orientated.

Annoyingly she is a faster and probably better driver than me.

So I can see the summer having a few - what fun cars can I .... Threads.

Btw love that spyder.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #22
jkars
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport Melbourne Red

Quote:
Yep we have a Boxster Spyder as the weekend car
Really loving the Spyder. We've stuck with our old 911 as a weekend car and it's hard to think of anything we'd enjoy more for the money.