F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > adaptive suspension not on order
Extreme Powerhouse

04-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Deimos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

adaptive suspension not on order

After sending emails and speaking to the sales man i asked for adaptive suspension to be added to my order, i was told the business manager would get back to me with extra cost...

No email about my order or updated pdf, only an email trying to convince me to go with their gap etc....

I call today to find out what is going on, apparently my car is built and is due on 1st may(estimate) but adaptive suspension is not on the order.

I have deleted m sport suspension, i didnt want it to grating all the time on our shitty roads, thats fine, but i dont want the car wafting about in corners either.

I have the 19" wheels so perhaps it will be just about right... hhmmm

Other thing is, i ordered the car on 29th March, seems pretty mad that it is built already, or do BMW just happen to have 1 already built to the spec i wanted...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

A dealer told me they sometimes order cars towards year end to bump their numbers up, if they sell them then great, if not they shift them later as pre reg cars. Its all about hitting targets and bonus. Sounds like you got one of the slots they already had, they just make a last minute mod to your spec. You will forget about the suspension when you get her!

you could always refuse delivery, it will be a long wait though I assume. Do you have your request in writing?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Looks like you dodged a bullet there.......lucky man
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
M4dski11z
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i

I'd be enquiring what went on and if the dates work out be pushing for some compensation... a set of 20's or something
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray335d View Post
I'd be enquiring what went on and if the dates work out be pushing for some compensation... a set of 20's or something
Surely the least they can do if you accept it is retrofit standard m sport suspension if the regular is too soft. Its worth a note that the standard m this time is not as crashy as in the e90 (from my limited test drive anyway)

I assume retrofit is not an option for adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

What do you have on order? sDrive or xDrive? And what engine? All makes a difference...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
Deimos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

Yes I have all emails, even have a response from business manager replying to my original email requesting adaptive be added and asking when order will be finalised, he gave me no response on my order questions, just answered about GAP.

Haha dodged a bullet, that made me smile

Yes i am thinking some compensation if i accept!

Dealer said Adaptive cannot be retro fitted, but i may phone another dealer and ask.

Its a 330d m sport s drive.

I dont know if i feel happy i could have the car soon, or raging they didnt add adaptive to the order ...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Yes I have all emails, even have a response from business manager replying to my original email requesting adaptive be added and asking when order will be finalised, he gave me no response on my order questions, just answered about GAP.

Haha dodged a bullet, that made me smile

Yes i am thinking some compensation if i accept!

Dealer said Adaptive cannot be retro fitted, but i may phone another dealer and ask.

Its a 330d m sport s drive.

I dont know if i feel happy i could have the car soon, or raging they didnt add adaptive to the order ...
Deleted the M Sport suspension!

It is of course a matter of personal taste, but I definitely would not want the suspension any softer than the M Sport suspension!!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
pedroF31
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 325d Luxury

My personal view is that the adaptive is FANTASTIC and gives you the very best of both worlds at the press of a button. However, more importantly, if residuals are important / relevant to you then I would be very concerned because I would have thought that trying to PEx / sell an MSport without MSport suspension would be very difficult.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Just tell them it's rejected as it's not the spec you asked for, sounds like they had time to change the order so it's hardly your fault, or you could have a test drive in a 330d SE as I'm sure that will have much the same ride then make your mind up
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

I would suggest that you tell them: order me another car WITH THE SPEC I REQUESTED and expedite its build; in the meantime, I will use the one that you had built incorrectly or find me a courtesy car until the correct one arrives.

Your mistake, you take the hit, I am not; do your job properly. It's not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #12
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by uke92dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
What do you have on order? sDrive or xDrive? And what engine? All makes a difference...
He says 330d on his profile - s or x not mentioned, so assuming s!
Thanks dude, am using the app and the info displayed is limited. Think he mentioned later in a post it was a 330d M Sport, sDrive...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
Floriank
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Tanzanite

I think PedroF31 is absolutely right, you will find it extremely hard to sell an MSport model without MSport suspension or adaptive - nobody will want an MSport model that drives like an SE version.

As you have an email trail I would definitely reject the car - don't be tempted to accept it so that you don't have an extended wait for your new motor - you WILL regret it when the time comes to get the next car!
      04-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #14
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
Thanks dude, am using the app and the info displayed is limited. Think he mentioned later in a post it was a 330d M Sport, sDrive...
Yea, I spotted his reply later, so removed my post!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
335dJa
Captain
Rep
Drives: Yes

As others have said, refuse it if you have the evidence of ordering. You obviously decided you wanted it so you haven't dodged a bullet, you've been supplied an incorrect product.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Looks like you dodged a bullet there.......lucky man
Not really as he'll end up with SE suspension which has to be worse than both adaptive and passive m sport suspension - unless of course you want soft suspension. But if you want that, there is no point in ordering an m sport, paying the extra premium for it.
I'd be rejecting it and telling them you want the car re-ordering with the spec you asked for.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dJa View Post
As others have said, refuse it if you have the evidence of ordering. You obviously decided you wanted it so you haven't dodged a bullet, you've been supplied an incorrect product.
+1 tell them you are refusing.

State about how informed at date x about what spec you wanted.

Did you delete M sport suspension at same time / same email as asking for adaptive?

I would be refusing.

It is worth waiting for what you want, HOWEVER the April has changed so check out impact of that.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #18
M4dski11z
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i

As Steven says, test drive an SE. See if it works for you. If not they need to be fixing the situation. At the very least fitting Msport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #19
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

All those telling him to reject the car :

He says that he ordered the car without, and then asked (by email) about altering the order to include adaptive.
Pretty sure he would not have any grounds for rejecting the car, as the dealer has built the car that was initially ordered. It's entirely possible that his request arrived post-build start.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #20
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post

He says that he ordered the car without, and then asked (by email) about altering the order to include adaptive.
Pretty sure he would not have any grounds for rejecting the car, as the dealer has built the car that was initially ordered. It's entirely possible that his request arrived post-build start.
Actually, after re-reading the above, I think you are correct. He said he did not have confirmation that adaptive suspension was added to his order - so I guess no point in complaining about something you've not had confirmation on!!
I think he'll have to live with it as it is.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #21
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post

Actually, after re-reading the above, I think you are correct. He said he did not have confirmation that adaptive suspension was added to his order - so I guess no point in complaining about something you've not had confirmation on!!
I think he'll have to live with it as it is.
That may well be the case but I'd be starting from that position rather than assuming I have to accept it, at the very least make the dealer worried
      04-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #22
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

If the dealer keeps the car and orders a new car for the OP, then the dealer will need to find a Womble to buy a 330d M Sport with SE spec suspension. They are relying on getting a punter who hasn't driven a another F30 and knows no different.
Appreciate 0