F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another detailing question
GetBMWParts

04-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Another detailing question

Ok what should I go for

CQuartz or Gtechniq

I am at an impasse.

Since I have a long wait I thought might as well book car in with Midland Car Care.

I was thinking CarPro but they also do Gtechniq
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
boom77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d gone, now M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Ok what should I go for

CQuartz or Gtechniq

I am at an impasse.

Since I have a long wait I thought might as well book car in with Midland Car Care.

I was thinking CarPro but they also do Gtechniq
I had CQuartz Finest on my last car (done by MCC as it was picked up from Wolverhampton Audi), and have to be honest I wouldn't have it again. Whilst it certainly adds paint protection from poor wash technique, it certainly didn't 'shed dirt and water like a lotus leaf' or whatever it said in the marketing.
I only had the car six months, so only a quarter of the warranty period, and despite careful wash with Gtechniq wash (CarPro recommend not using gloss/wax containing shampoos) always topped with Reload, the car would be filthy and wouldn't bead water within a couple of days/week.
If I hadn't had chopped the car for the F31 I probably would have spoken to CarPro regarding it.
Not tried the Gtechniq paint coatings, but have used G1 glasscoat, and I1 fabric coat numerous times and both are brilliant. EXO V2 seems to get good reviews as do the Modesta coatings.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom77 View Post
I had CQuartz Finest on my last car (done by MCC as it was picked up from Wolverhampton Audi), and have to be honest I wouldn't have it again. Whilst it certainly adds paint protection from poor wash technique, it certainly didn't 'shed dirt and water like a lotus leaf' or whatever it said in the marketing.
I only had the car six months, so only a quarter of the warranty period, and despite careful wash with Gtechniq wash (CarPro recommend not using gloss/wax containing shampoos) always topped with Reload, the car would be filthy and wouldn't bead water within a couple of days/week.
If I hadn't had chopped the car for the F31 I probably would have spoken to CarPro regarding it.
Not tried the Gtechniq paint coatings, but have used G1 glasscoat, and I1 fabric coat numerous times and both are brilliant. EXO V2 seems to get good reviews as do the Modesta coatings.
How did you find midland car car? Any good?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
DrSteve
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xdrive msport+

Mine is sealed with Gtechniq Exo v2 with a layer or Swissvax on top. Just gave it a quick wash to remove the Sahara and there was some serious beading action going on :-) Only had the car 5 days and it's my first time washing it so only time will tell how the combo holds up.
Appreciate 0