F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Advanced BT
proTUNING Freaks

03-28-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
Buster Blue
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F30 EB11 320i MSport

Advanced BT

As I purchased my car as used, via Bracknell how can I ascertain if I have ABT. Build date May/June 2013 with Business Media ie fiscal full size glass screen but only 6.5" internal unlike the Pro of 9".

Thanks
      03-28-2014, 02:45 AM   #2
alex_chung
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive M Sport (Plus)

Did the garage not provide the original spec? If you call a BMW they should be able to tell you the original build spec of the car with you VIN.
Alex
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Just put your vin into one of the myriad of online decoders.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:39 AM   #4
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Do you mean Enhanced BT?

If you can select 'Audio' in telephone BT options then you have EBT.

Also look under the boot floor for a combox, which means if you don't have EBT already you will be able to enable it by coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
moonshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster S

like this one http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
you are looking for code S6NSA - Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

If there is a clip for a 'Snap in adaptor' in the armrest then you have factory EBT.
      03-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Buster Blue
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Do you mean Enhanced BT?

Also look under the boot floor for a combox, which means if you don't have EBT already you will be able to enable it by coding.
Teaston, is there anything you don't know. thanks for this info. if I do not have it I would like to have it coded the trouble is having it done with a reliable trustworthy source.

Spear wheel are is empty so assume I only have the norm. Presume unable to code? Will check the Audio.

Also picking up new HTC One M8 later, hope all works!

Side note I despise BB re previous thread!!!!

All thanks for your useful input.
      03-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Blue
Quote:
Do you mean Enhanced BT?

Teaston, is there anything you don't know. thanks for this info. if I do not have it I would like to have it coded the trouble is having it done with a reliable trustworthy source.

Spear wheel are is empty so assume I only have the norm. Presume unable to code? Will check the Audio.

Also picking up new HTC One M8 later, hope all works!

Side note I despise BB re previous thread!!!!

All thanks for your useful input.
There is a lot i don't know tbh! But i know what i know, if you know what i mean!

Not just spare wheel area, pull the whole boot floor out of the car then at the back (closest the seats) on right there's the fuse box, is there anything next to it on left?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #9
Buster Blue
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Do you mean Enhanced BT?

Hi Teaston,

Just looked in the boot and to the left of the fuse box is a Harman Becker Com Box, looks like an amp? Please could you advise upon my options do I need it coded can it be coded.

Many thanks
      04-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #10
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Blue View Post
Hi Teaston,

Just looked in the boot and to the left of the fuse box is a Harman Becker Com Box, looks like an amp? Please could you advise upon my options do I need it coded can it be coded.

Many thanks
Then you can code EBT!

Follow my guide if you're up to it: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961515

Or if you don't think you can manage it then maybe ask someone on hear that's near you and can.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #11
Buster Blue
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Then you can code EBT!

Follow my guide if you're up to it: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961515

Or if you don't think you can manage it then maybe ask someone on hear that's near you and can.
Thanks for that, I'm really not up for it but sorry to keep asking questions what can i get from coding the com box.

Is there anyone in the Hants/Dorset/Berks area that can do coding.
      04-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #12
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Blue
Quote:
Then you can code EBT!

Thanks for that, I'm really not up for it but sorry to keep asking questions what can i get from coding the com box.

Is there anyone in the Hants/Dorset/Berks area that can do coding.
It enables BT streaming, album artwork, 2 phones connected at same time for calls, connect iphone with apple cable rather than y cable for full control
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #13
Buster Blue
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
It enables BT streaming, album artwork, 2 phones connected at same time for calls, connect iphone with apple cable rather than y cable for full control
Many thanks
      04-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #14
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

I have just done this coding to enable EBT by changing 6NH to 6NS and it seems to work OK. I now have "Office" in the iDrive menu and can listen to audio via bluetooth and have the 2nd phone option too.

Thanks teaston for your guide which was very helpful.

I hope the car starts when I go out tonight and I haven't bricked it !

Is there any other coding that can be done without a token ?

Where can I get the token from if not ?

One thing though with the album artwork - before I did the coding the artwork didn't change from track to track whilst playing (it still doesn't either through USB or bluetooth). Anyone know why and how to fix the problem ? I have Pro Nav.

If I disconnect the lead , restart Spotify,and reattach the lead then it changes to the current artwork but gets stuck again - quite annoying...

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #15
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport
I have just done this coding to enable EBT by changing 6NH to 6NS and it seems to work OK. I now have "Office" in the iDrive menu and can listen to audio via bluetooth and have the 2nd phone option too.

One thing though with the album artwork - before I did the coding the artwork didn't change from track to track whilst playing (it still doesn't either through USB or bluetooth). Anyone know why and how to fix the problem ? I have Pro Nav.

If I disconnect the lead , restart Spotify,and reattach the lead then it changes to the current artwork but gets stuck again - quite annoying...
It says in the instructions you got with e-sys where the token can be bought from, think the forum will block me from putting his email on here as he's not a forum sponsor and got banned for trading on here!
Google tokenmaster blogspot, he makes the tokens for the patchless e-sys which i assume is what you have (from shawnsheridan)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

this has peaked my interest. I've got bus nav and no EBT and assumed I didn't have a comm box as my car was June 2013 build but just looked and that harmon becker silver thing is in there!

I don't have a fancy phone with apps etc but I do have an ipad so might be worthwhile.

If I didn't have an ipad or a phone with apps, is it worth it? presume I cant get album artwork from my USB thumb drive with business nav and ebt.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #17
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew View Post
this has peaked my interest. I've got bus nav and no EBT and assumed I didn't have a comm box as my car was June 2013 build but just looked and that harmon becker silver thing is in there!

I don't have a fancy phone with apps etc but I do have an ipad so might be worthwhile.

If I didn't have an ipad or a phone with apps, is it worth it? presume I cant get album artwork from my USB thumb drive with business nav and ebt.
If your phone supports BT streaming (should do unless it's over 10 years old or cost £20!) then you can play music, or audio from videos from it!

Also yes artwork from usb stick & have yours and your partners phone connected for calls when your both in the car.

So basically all you'd be missing not having an iphone is ability connect via usb to browse albums/artists etc through idrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Quote:
If your phone supports BT streaming (should do unless it's over 10 years old or cost £20!) then you can play music, or audio from videos from it!

Also yes artwork from usb stick & have yours and your partners phone connected for calls when your both in the car.

So basically all you'd be missing not having an iphone is ability connect via usb to browse albums/artists etc through idrive.
My phone is a work phone so £20 and I wouldn't have music or video on it but I'd love to have album art.

I don't have voice activation (the button on the steering wheel with the face) , could that be activated?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew View Post
My phone is a work phone so £20 and I wouldn't have music or video on it but I'd love to have album art.

I don't have voice activation (the button on the steering wheel with the face) , could that be activated?
Yes my idiots guide says how to get basic voice activation, just for voice dialling.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #20
RealaCodex
RC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post

Does this only work if you have a combox? i can not find CMB_MEDIA. Only HU_ENTRY. Coded it in but didn't work
Appreciate 0