F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coding in Essex
proTUNING Freaks

03-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
anglaslt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: RHD X3 M40i + LHD Brabus B63S

Coding in Essex

I would really like to get my car coded to enable the digital speedo and to correct the speed. I've tried a few local BMW independents but no one has the necessary equipment for coding an F30 (AH3). Even though the digital figures will be small I'd still prefer that to reading the speedo dial.

I'll be really grateful if someone can point me in the direction of a garage or person who could do it for me. I live close to Stansted Airport so anywhere within reasonable travelling distance will be fine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Have you got a laptop mate? It's quite easy to do yourself. I live just down the road but I haven't installed the software on my new laptop. I haven't had a need as I've done all the coding to mine I wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
anglaslt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: RHD X3 M40i + LHD Brabus B63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Have you got a laptop mate? It's quite easy to do yourself. I live just down the road but I haven't installed the software on my new laptop. I haven't had a need as I've done all the coding to mine I wanted to do.
Yep, got a laptop but no cable or software. I know there's a lot of info out there on coding but I'd feel real nervous about doing it myself. Still hoping there's some place I can get it done and thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0