Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Drift Master
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Question Waiting to compare M4 vs. competitors

There are many ups to waiting. First youll get a better price and likely below MSRP, second you will know what your getting into plus the ability to see all reviews and test drive a few. I am in the market for an M4 but since the RS5 and C63 AMG Will be out soon i wouldn't mind seeing what they will bring to the table before i commit. I have to deal with snow quite a bit and its my daily driver so AWD with the AMG and RS is an advantage. I think its a big investment In a car so waiting a bit rather than being stuck with crap 1st version is wise
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
There are many ups to waiting. First youll get a better price and likely below MSRP, second you will know what your getting into plus the ability to see all reviews and test drive a few. I am in the market for an M4 but since the RS5 and C63 AMG Will be out soon i wouldn't mind seeing what they will bring to the table before i commit. I have to deal with snow quite a bit and its my daily driver so AWD with the AMG and RS is an advantage. I think its a big investment In a car so waiting a bit rather than being stuck with crap 1st version is wise
I live in Alberta, Canada and Snow, well there is no escaping it. From Sep to March. But thats not going to stop me from getting a M4. A good set of winter tires and you will be fine. Long as the car has LSD no problem. Regarding the c63 and RS5. Well one is a power house but not a fun car. I almost bough the C63 507. But when I drove it, I felt like Something was missing till I drove the M3 E92. Over all a much better engineered car. And I was not a big BMW fan. but after driving that I was SOLD on the car. Can't wait to get the M4. O Audi RS5 what can i say, Understeer Understeer Understeer. Well that car understreers like crazy. Maybe this Video will help.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/bmw-...s5_2203263.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Drift Master
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Brick View Post
I live in Alberta, Canada and Snow, well there is no escaping it. From Sep to March. But thats not going to stop me from getting a M4. A good set of winter tires and you will be fine. Long as the car has LSD no problem. Regarding the c63 and RS5. Well one is a power house but not a fun car. I almost bough the C63 507. But when I drove it, I felt like Something was missing till I drove the M3 E92. Over all a much better engineered car. And I was not a big BMW fan. but after driving that I was SOLD on the car. Can't wait to get the M4. O Audi RS5 what can i say, Understeer Understeer Understeer. Well that car understreers like crazy. Maybe this Video will help.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/bmw-...s5_2203263.htm
I agree the M4 is the clear winner when you compare it to the present RS5 and C63 AMG. The simple fact is we dont know what they will bring to the table this year. The AMG will have an AWD that will make that beast unleash its full potential and they will likely both bring a V8 turbo monsters with a V8 sound. If you are gonna invest 80K in a car i want to get the best i can get for that money. The oppertunity to look at the competition and not to regret my decision a year latter while i avoid the problems of the first edition production and get it at a better price is still a no brainer to me. I agree about the snow tires and LSD will do the job but i would drive allot safer with the traction of AWD especially when we are talking about cars of this performance and power. After all has been said and done the most likely winner here will be the M4/M3 for sure. Altought the new GTR version rendering i have seen are certainly peaking my interest as this a true supper car with an unmatched performance for a additional 20k that i might be able to afford as well. I just hate the way it looks now and if they fix that i will take it over an M4.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Drift Master
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree the M4 is the clear winner when you compare it to the present RS5 and C63 AMG. The simple fact is we dont know what they will bring to the table this year. The AMG will have an AWD that will make that beast unleash its full potential and they will likely both bring a V8 turbo monsters with a V8 sound. If you are gonna invest 80K in a car i want to get the best i can get for that money. The oppertunity to look at the competition and not to regret my decision a year latter while i avoid the problems of the first edition production and get it at a better price is still a no brainer to me. I agree about the snow tires and LSD will do the job but i would drive allot safer with the traction of AWD especially when we are talking about cars of this performance and power. After all has been said and done the most likely winner here will be the M4/M3 for sure. Altought the new GTR version rendering i have seen are certainly peaking my interest as this a true supper car with an unmatched performance for a additional 20k that i might be able to afford as well. I just hate the way it looks now and if they fix that i will take it over an M4.
Now that ill take over an M4, 0-60 in 2.7 sec that is also know as a ROCKET i am hopping they keep the 100K sticker though
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

whooo, that's nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Looks like the offspring of a C7 and a GTR in some ways.
      03-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
hadeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

Read somewhere new GTR going to be 150k+ , and every dealer at least in CA marks them up another 20k.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFran View Post
Read somewhere new GTR going to be 150k+ , and every dealer at least in CA marks them up another 20k.
Costco doesn't..

No.. but seriously for a second, when they were being marked up 10k around here, my friend was able to get one at "regular" MSRP through Costco Auto Sales. Not sure how that worked (or why it worked).
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #9
Drift Master
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I read it will be a hybrid with a combined 800 HP . It will be a large turbo 6 with the turbo lag eliminated by the instant power of the electric. 800Hp + AWD = and domination. This should eat the competition any day of the week unless you are willing to spend a rediculous amount of $$$$$$$. Price is estimated at 120-150K but i am hopping this is an over estimate as this is out of my price range. There is always the option of a used one down the line for 80-100K certified used as a follow up car after my M4 because once you step out of an M4 nothing will easily impress. The GTR is an ugly BEAST now so i am not even considering it unless they make it a sexy BEAST.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 01:45 AM   #10
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
I agree to a certain degree. True there will be always a better car for more price. Like you have said. I Guess it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay and what will satisfy your taste. I not a big fan of the GTR, the interior does not do it for me or the styling. Not saying its a bad car just my person opinion.
The Gtr runs $120k here in canada where the M3 around $90k that still $30K large ones. And if i get to that level of spending, I would rather spend another $40K and go for this. Which is what i am planning to do after the M4 or M3. Still in the mix about the Two.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
6underpressure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350
Quote:
Costco doesn't..

No.. but seriously for a second, when they were being marked up 10k around here, my friend was able to get one at "regular" MSRP through Costco Auto Sales. Not sure how that worked (or why it worked).
Costco is supposed to be 500 or so above invoice
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #12
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Looks like the offspring of a C7 and a GTR in some ways.
you mean Altima? LOL
Appreciate 0