E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Does anyone recommend flagship unlimited carwashes?

03-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Does anyone recommend flagship unlimited carwashes?

I am parking my car in apartment parking lot since I don't have a private garage or even under ground parking. I know I have to wash it a lot to keep it nice and clean so I am considering membership at flagship. Has any one their membership before if it is worth it or not?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Are you anal about paint care or you don't really care & just want it cleanish? If the former, don't do it. If the latter, sure, why not?

Every time my wife comes back from flagship,all my work is negated between the swirls and guaranteed at least 1 new minor scratch. I've given up on keeping her ride perfect because of it.

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
walmark
Apprentice
Rep
Drives: 550i F10 '15

I use flagship in Herndon and so far have nothing against them. I mostly just do basic wash and, every other time, I come home and hand wax if the weather is appropriate. I haven't seen any new swirls or scratches, so I think their equipment is good. I mostly see brand new german cars in line there anyway, and I don't think they would be coming there if it scratched their $60-80k+ cars.
Now, as for membership, not sure if it's worth it - just calculate how often you go and what kind of wash you choose, and you might be better off just paying out of pocket. After all, in the summer you don't need to wash that often.

PS: Is the membership only for one car or for a person? For example, can I bring my car and my wife's car? Or would that need 2 memberships?

Last edited by walmark; 03-16-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Are you anal about paint care or you don't really care & just want it cleanish? If the former, don't do it. If the latter, sure, why not?

Every time my wife comes back from flagship,all my work is negated between the swirls and guaranteed at least 1 new minor scratch. I've given up on keeping her ride perfect because of it.
Paint care is my 1st priority and I also like my car clean

I don't want any swirl marks or scratches. Aren't there carwash touchless?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestine View Post
Paint care is my 1st priority and I also like my car clean

I don't want any swirl marks or scratches. Aren't there carwash touchless?
The two by me are not touch less (only the self-wash are), and they use the same rags over & over. I would just go over to the one near you and check it out. If you like what you see, you should be fine, personally, I almost always find that when other people work on my cars I find little issues afterwards. I cause my own problems too, but at least I know they were caused by my own dumb self :-)

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
The two by me are not touch less (only the self-wash are), and they use the same rags over & over. I would just go over to the one near you and check it out. If you like what you see, you should be fine, personally, I almost always find that when other people work on my cars I find little issues afterwards. I cause my own problems too, but at least I know they were caused by my own dumb self :-)
Do you know how many times (max) I should clean my car per month. I don't want to over do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
AlpinWeiss
Rep
Drives: E90 328i xDrive

The one in Herndon is good. I worked right around the corner for two years, and nothing beats the convenience of getting your car washed whenever you need it for a monthly rate. I like that Herndon has the conveyor belt opposed to the rail.

Annadale does the rail and I rarely go there. Their facility isn't as new or nice.

After I stopped working in Herndon I cancelled my subscription. It wasn't convenient for me to drive out to get my car washed out there.

daily: E90 LCI 328i #AWE90
track toy: E36 M3 #bcRCR
instagram: omgwtfxbbq
Appreciate 0