E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Eibach springs, not enough rear adjustment?

03-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Eibach springs, not enough rear adjustment?

So I installed a Eibach prokit last year and had the car aligned. After the summer on my tires they were completely toast on the inside from the camber being out of adjustment. The alignment is within stock specs (I believe like -1.5*) and with the stock run flats I do not get this weird wear. The summers are wider (265's) compared to the stock tires however, so Im wondering if I need a camber kit? I was under the impression I wouldn't with just that slight lowering spring kit. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
So I installed a Eibach prokit last year and had the car aligned. After the summer on my tires they were completely toast on the inside from the camber being out of adjustment. The alignment is within stock specs (I believe like -1.5*) and with the stock run flats I do not get this weird wear. The summers are wider (265's) compared to the stock tires however, so Im wondering if I need a camber kit? I was under the impression I wouldn't with just that slight lowering spring kit. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Camber doesnt really affect tire wear as much as you think. I have been running -1.8 for 4 months with zero wear issues.

You have to get your toe correct. Toe will tear tires up. I have eibach pro kit as well. Take it somewhere the knows and specializes in BMWs. If you are in PA and not too far from jersey, you should take it up to Auto Couture Motoring. They are the best.

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I looked at the actual chart from the alignment. The only thing off was the camber. If the toe was off wouldn't the stock tires do the same thing as far as wear? I don't get why only my summers got destroyed, I know the wear ratings are different but still.... I should get more than 8-9k miles on them
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
I looked at the actual chart from the alignment. The only thing off was the camber. If the toe was off wouldn't the stock tires do the same thing as far as wear? I don't get why only my summers got destroyed, I know the wear ratings are different but still.... I should get more than 8-9k miles on them
What kind of summer tires? Brand and model? What kind of winters brand and model?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Stock run flats for winters ... Hankook ventus v12 summers 265/30/19 rears, fronts were still perfect with alignment
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73
Stock run flats for winters ... Hankook ventus v12 summers 265/30/19 rears, fronts were still perfect with alignment
Toe is the only thing I can think of. Unless something is bent.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #7
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well both sides wore exactly the same, to the point where the steel belts started showing, the outside of the tire is still decent, I didnt check until I took them off because I never would have thought they wore like that. I just dont know exactly what to do to correct it.
Appreciate 0