E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Woah Techron!!!

02-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Cool Woah Techron!!!

I was no stranger to BG44K in my Audi S3 and used it every 10,000 miles but the gains always seemed short lived. Even an Italian tune up only helped so much. The nightmares of direct injection!

So when it was time to part with the Audi... I was having a serious thought about whether I would buy another direct injection engine or go old school. After searching I found my port injection N52N K (325i). I have had some absurd comments off here such as: "It is impossible that it could be port injection." So word of warning... if it bothers you that much come down and take a look

Anyhow... I tried Techron four two reasons: interest after reading the reviews and wondering if it was possible to gain a few mpg. It was cheaper than BG44K so I took the plunge.

The difference was instant! After adding it to a near empty tank and then filling up... acceleration seemed much smoother and sharper. Not even a placebo! After a few days mpg figures increased by 2-4 and the whole experience felt like lost mpg and power were found again.

The fuel seemed to last longer too... one week onwards... the changes are still there and it feels great.

I don't know the ins and outs of if BMW recommends fuel additive or not but I have stumbled upon lots of posts saying that BMW can vouch for techron. My local stealer even sells a fuel additive.

That's all I can say and I think I will probably be using it every 6-8k miles. At 60k miles it has made a huge difference. I read the reviews and I thought "yeh right" surely it cannot be that good... but dear Lord it is!
Appreciate 0