THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics aarti bmw connected

02-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

aarti bmw connected

Is this option worth $850 CDN? And do you have to get yearly subscriptions? I remember my bmw SOS button setup was free in first yr then $200 yr to keep.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Cosa Nostra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

I dunno about others but I've had an aftermarket Garmin nav (cost $200) w traffic assessment option, and can really live w/o the traffic option - all u really need is directions. I'd stick just w the premium pkg w the nav itself for Canada anyway. Now if u are a techy who must have the latest gadgets (iphone interface, etc. etc., then u'll want it). Too expensive IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Thats my summation I would do without, but the dealers I have spoke to about incoming models seem to have this optioned in already. Unless off course I do a personal build and wait a few months for it to show up.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
Duster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G37

My dealer talked me into it. I tend to be an early adopter of tech. Some people just call that being a geek.

But I do think it's overpriced, and I think I will probably regret the choice. I bet I'll explore all the menus and things it can do, and then not really use any of it. Looks like it uses your phone's internet connectivity for all the cool stuff anyway, and my phone bills are already high enough.

Lap timer looks fun to play with. Real time traffic would be useful for me as well I guess. The rest looks like tech for tech's sake. I could be wrong. Will let you know once I have the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #5
Bahuba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MR 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post
Is this option worth $850 CDN? And do you have to get yearly subscriptions? I remember my bmw SOS button setup was free in first yr then $200 yr to keep.
Probably not. I too debated this but in the end went with it. I wanted the BMW connected/apps and the BT audio. The remotes services I learned after the fact could also be useful (control car settings from your iPhone). I'll likely never use the BMW concierge services. The aart is nice but I can't see myself needing it much.
Appreciate 0