E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Software Update & Autologic Own Remap

02-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Alfamale
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

Software Update & Autologic Own Remap

My 57 plate E93 335i is going into my friends garage Monday to have all the software updated and the Autologic remap.

It apparently takes 4hours to upload all the software updates on my car then the remap comes afterwards.

Just curious as to what the updates might include and if I'd tell any difference?

On the remap it's not as aggressive / powerful as some of the other well known ones on here but is provided direct from Autologic. Has anyone had any experience of an Autologic remap?
BHP increase is slightly down on comparisons say to the eMaps version but torque is the same increase.

I'll feedback afterwards but curious on other parties views.

Trouble I find with these questions is when someone has spent out £300+ on a remap then they are less likely to slate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
kevin@bndynamix
Private
Rep
Drives: combo van

We do autologic remaps they are not over top remaps like some are , they are balance of performance and fuel economy maps. All our customers are pretty impressed with them from 118d to m3 e46and e9x we've done. Also jb4 maps and Alpina auto gearbox software updates. Autologic maps are expensive compared with some but each maps we buy from them cost £264 and ordered to chassis number so only can be used once. If it was me jb4 and if auto alpina gearbox software upgrade totally awesome.

Last edited by kevin@bndynamix; 02-22-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 04:09 AM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Like Kevin we also are an Autologic dealer and have carried out a huge number of software updates(which on their own can improve matters regarding all kinds of issues a car might have)to re maps,the beauty of the Autologic remap is it's piggybacked with the latest vehicle software, though the maps wake the car up and are safe to be honest theirs scope for improvement without going too far, we are now offering custom re map, proper decent files that have the latest software added to the map that are tailored to each customers own requirements we'd listen to what the customer wants, then create a map that'll best suit the customers requirements and deliver it with a 30 day money back guarantee.

However....... Before any remap is done we will verify that the car itself is physically up to the task if for instance we are looking at re mapping a 320d and it's swirl flaps are leaking and there are other issues we'd insist that everything is sorted first to prolong the cars life and to ensure the customer gets the best value. No point in re mapping a sick car but we've seen it done.

Going back to the Autologic re map as Kevin says they are individually purchased to the cars chassis for a sum of money that's as much as some company's re maps cost the client, usually remaps from Autologic will be a good £350+VAT, which along with smaller power gains doesn't make them attractive to the eye if your shopping around, as there are plenty of £250+VAT options out there, but there's the bonus of the vehicles latest software added along with the map from Autologic and as long as the customers happy everyone's happy, but there better value and potential elsewhere hence the route we've now taken.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
kevin@bndynamix
Private
Rep
Drives: combo van

Like most remapper we do a scan 1st make sure no lying fault codes in dde/dme that will hinder cars performance, ecu gets updated to latest software then map gets loaded. One of our customers who got on back to us was happy cos was getting over 50mpg in 330d from low 40's before map and car now would wheel spin in 3rd when he drove it hard. E46 M3 customer said his was huge difference in driveability with performance very close to his previous m3 csl so was very happy. Last remap we done was to x5 4.4i again said mpg up and performance. All round map don't think can beat them for price we charge slightly less at £300+vat so we only make £36 per map, vat man gets more!!! But if looking out and out performance and want select own maps JB4 is the one. done 4 JB4's maps now brilliant.
Appreciate 0