E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Water Leaks!

02-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
MikeE90NC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Water Leaks!

Hi all. I have 2 water leaks getting water inside the cabin.

1st one. Happens only during heavy rains, when I stop quick or turn hard I get water dripping from the console where the lights and sunroof buttons are located... almost to the point of a steady stream at times. I should assume this is coming from the sunroof or could it be from the windshield? To my knowledge the windshield in this car has never been replaced. What should I do to check/address the sunroof seals?

2nd one. Rear driver foot well gets wet no matter what kind of rain. I do know when I bought the car I had the dealership replace the window motors on that specific door. Should I pop the door cover off and check for anything in particular?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
GearRex
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, E46 ZHP, 991.2 Cabrio

Your assumption regarding No. 1 sounds correct. Check the drain tubes on the forward section of the sunroof cassette.

Regarding No 2, sounds like a broken vapor seal on the driver's side rear door. This is very common on BMWs, and more common after a repair has been performed in the area. The tech failed to secure the vapor seal cover on the door.

There are many threads on how to correct these 2 issues on the forum.

Last edited by GearRex; 02-22-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0