E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW Insured Warranty

02-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
1jazz1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

BMW Insured Warranty

I have it on my car and it is under the previous owners name (the warranty).. Can i transfer this over to my name and then renew the warranty? or shall i just wait for it to expire and then take it out again? (it expires in march).

oh and is actually worth taking out this warranty?

https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/Home/Content/Home

Thank you peeps
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Depends.
On balance you'll have as many people saying they are quid in vs those that never need to claim. That's the beauty but for £500 or less per year I have the same comfort I had when my car was new and paying that per month in finance and depreciation for the sake of factory warranty. True wear and rear isn't covered but then soles of your shores wear out you wouldn't expect new ones, but it would be nice to know if the stitching let's go you're covered.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
1jazz1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

are the turbos covered? - i'd get the comprehensive one but i don't really understand what is covered and what isn't. how would they define a fault based on wear and tear?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
hotjones
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

I have insure warranty and the turbo's are covered. My car went into the stealers for wastegate rattle, they did try and get out of it, 2 of the services are not on the dealer system so had to get the original invoices, then they said the wrong oil was used, to which I pointed out the service was carried out by bmw and the wastegate isn't an oiled component. The stealers did a software update on my car and have had all sort of problems since then, new O2 sensor, hpfp, gearbox and in about every 200miles because engine light keeps popping up! This has been going on since end of November! Warranty paid for it all, but every time there is something they try and use to get out of it.

BMW UK and BMW insure warranty don't really care about there customers. Try and find a dealer who know there stuff, can save a lot of time.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
stringy93
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318d msport

I recommend BMW warrenty, I've just had a new clutch and flywheel fitted under it. I think it's important to find a good dealer who is willing to help, that's the key. I have read reviews of some dealers who won't help you claim for anything and some who will bend over backwards for you when claiming.
Appreciate 0