E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone 4 connectivity issues

12-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
aflatness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 328i M coupe

iPhone 4 connectivity issues

Hey guys. Ever since i've had my car, i have had an issue connecting my iPhone with bluetooth and iDrive. I can connect the actual phone, being able to make and receive calls, and able to play music through it, but i have never been able to get my contacts to show on the screen. Whenever it tries to updates, it just always says "no contacts". Does anyone have an idea to help or solve this problem? I have an iPhone 4 running the latest iOS7. Also running the latest CIC update.

I also noticed today that when I connect my phone using the USB to play music, it shows says the wrong song is playing. Example: If i have 7 songs in an album, and select the 4th one, itll play it but say the 1st one in the list is playing. It is just a little irritating. Any ideas with this?

Thank you!
      12-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
NormE91
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring

Have you checked your iPhone's bluetooth settings to make sure "sync contacts" is on for that connection? There's also a setting in there that can make it sync just a group, like work contacts or family, that could be screwing it up.

Good luck and report back.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
aflatness
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormE91
Have you checked your iPhone's bluetooth settings to make sure "sync contacts" is on for that connection? There's also a setting in there that can make it sync just a group, like work contacts or family, that could be screwing it up.

Good luck and report back.
I have sync contacts selected, as well as favorites, recents, and all contacts. I'll try toggling them and see if anything works.
      12-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
aflatness
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still no luck. Its weird because I've connected friends phones that have ios7 and they just automatically have contacts shown. I still can't get it to work. Any other ideas guys?
      12-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
NormE91
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring

If you haven't already, try starting from scratch.

Delete the phone pairing from the car.
Delete the connection on the iphone.
Power down iphone.
Power on and try again pairing again.

Also make sure your iphone has the latest patches before doing anything.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0