E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Help Me...

10-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
Phate
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW . . . Yet

Help Me...

Long time reader, first time poster

I'm looking to purchase my first Bimmer soon So, what I'm asking you is what should I expect to pay?

I want an either the 328i/335i coupe that will look like this,

-Sparkling Graphite
-Black Leatherette
-Sports Package
-Manual Tranny

As you can see I'm not wanting too much, just want it for the pleasure of driving.

I want to put about 10 - 12k down, can anyone point me in the right direction.

BTW, I'm located in the Bay Area in California, and I'm willing to drive throughout all of the state to find the right dealer!

Anywho, thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

You should post this in the regional forum. You'll get many more responses there.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
Phate
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW . . . Yet

Ummmm, the price at MSRP for a 328i that I built on the BMWUSA website was listed as $37,550.00

Where do you get those numbers?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
Ummmm, the price at MSRP for a 328i that I built on the BMWUSA website was listed as $37,550.00

Where do you get those numbers?
out the door
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

First, check out the confidential price listings available under the "New Car Ordering" forum and add everything up. Do MSRP (Retail) and Invoice (Wholesale) numbers. Don't forget to include Destination and Training. Many BMW dealers tend to only deal in MRSP, especially with coupes but deals can certainly be had. Looking at the invoice price figure out what you're willing to offer and so you can recognize a good deal from a bad one.

I also recommend you look at some of the CA's that are sponsors of this forum and Bimmerfest. Do a search for other's experiences with them but I don't think you can go far wrong. Since you're willing to travel you'll have far more flexibility in chosing a CA than if you'd only consider a local dealership, you will also likely to get a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Ateneo_BluEagles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: V-Kool

better hurry up, BMW is having a special 3.9% for 60 months on the coupe until the end of the month...basically get the invoice then try to get the car around $500-$800 above invoice (if you can)
      10-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
VVA330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

IF there is a hesitation between the 328 and the 335 then get the 335. you'll regret it if you don't.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #8
Biz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '99.5 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldy View Post
With no other packages or options added...

328: $40305 estimated out-the-door.

335: $46465 estimated out-the-door.
Or, do ED and get the 335 for 328 money ...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #9
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I was in your shoes 1 year ago. So I was up-front with the dealership upon test drive--I told the CA that I don't have to have the car. I'm most likely the poorest (she assumed I was young, asking me, "would it be a lot of money for someone your age to insure a car like this?") person to walk through your door, so money does matter. If it's too much, or no discount, I'll wait.

With that said, she said I could order the car any way I want. Even leatherette. go sedan if the coupe is too much.

I was firm with I need a certain discount to get the price down, not a reduction of options. So my advice to you is get what you want, you've listed the options. Set out to get the discount you want, I wouldn't take anything less than $1500 off list on a coupe. Can that be done today? I don't know, I haven't shopped in a year, but it doesn't matter, MSRP = no dice. Use a website like edmunds to shop over the web. Then, for financing, get your best credit union rate, and give it to the dealership. They will beat (assuming you have perfect credit). Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #10
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz View Post
Or, do ED and get the 335 for 328 money ...
I'm thinking after all I've read, that this isn't the way to save money. This is the way to go on vacation. If you were planning on a vacation to Europe, great, you can maybe break-even on your trip. But who would go to Europe today with the exchange rate? That is, not on business. I dunno about everyone else, but I already thought $3-4 last year was a lot for bottled water. I don't want to pay $5-6.

We all want to get our cars ASAP, ED is not that at all. And there are other trade-offs. I wish people would mention them when suggesting ED (payment? delivery? insurance?).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Biz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '99.5 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I'm thinking after all I've read, that this isn't the way to save money. This is the way to go on vacation. If you were planning on a vacation to Europe, great, you can maybe break-even on your trip. But who would go to Europe today with the exchange rate? That is, not on business. I dunno about everyone else, but I already thought $3-4 last year was a lot for bottled water. I don't want to pay $5-6.

We all want to get our cars ASAP, ED is not that at all. And there are other trade-offs. I wish people would mention them when suggesting ED (payment? delivery? insurance?).
Fair enough, but you could literally hop on a plane, take delivery, drive around on the autobahn, drop off the car, hop back on a plane, and probably be done in a weekend, netting yourself about $5000 in the process. It would be worth it to me, but not everyone might think so. And Germany is actually one of the better values in Europe (though admittedly less so with the sagging dollar) - I found the lodging and food to be quite reasonable and the beer to be delicious (even the Ratler). And with all of the discounts that BMW arranges for you, a trip should be even more cost-efficient.

And yes, some people may be in a hurry to get their car, but that's not a good frame of mind to be in when it comes to large purchases.
Appreciate 0