E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need some opinions

10-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
KyleY911
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW 325i

Need some opinions

Basically my parents bought me a silver 325 for christmas and i've always wanted to do something to it, just for looks not any perofrmance mods and i've been thinking about getting black lines just like everyone else has in this forum apparently and tinting my windows...............

first question: would tinted windows on a silver E90 look good?

Second question: If i tinted my windows and bought blacklines would that make my car look cheap? I mean its a 325 and here i am trying to do all this exterior stuff so in the end would it be not worth it? I just dont' want to look like a poser trying to do all this stuff to my car and have it look retarded int he end....

Any opinions or pics would help. thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

I tinted my E90 335i. WOW. It is amazing. Don't let the tint guy tell you its cooler inside, etc...because it really isn't when your car sits outside most of the day. But, it cools down a lot quicker. So, I guess it is efficient. It really looks good. Check my signature to see the % I went with.

Not sure about blacklines, I too am on the fence about what to do. I guess if you have different rims, or are debadged, or something of that sort, then it would look OK. I think that's a matter of personal preference.

But, Definitely go with the tint. Dont forget to tell the guy doing it to cut back the rubber part on the inside of the door where the place the film. It will scratch the film after a while, not big noticable ones, but you can see it inside the car if in the right light or close up to the window. You must let them know, I didn't know it wold be an issue, and then about 2 months later I noticed small scratches running vertically all the way up my window tint.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with modding!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0