E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > One more repair before warranty expires

11-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

One more repair before warranty expires

So my 2008 335i extended warranty is about to expire in a couple of days. My SA told me that before it expires, give him a call to bring it in so they can give a look over and repair anything that needs to be repaired.

When I brought it in, I mentioned to him that I felt like the A/C just wasn't blowing as cold as it used to, especially when I put it on MAX A/C. Turns out that my evaporator was leaking and so that's why it wasn't blowing as cold as it used to. He said that the evaporator problem has been common on the cars. Not sure if he's referring specifically to the 335i or to the 3 series in general but in case, he said that it was a $2500 fix. Glad I brought it up. So my extended warranty has definitely paid for itself a couple of times over with the repairs that I've had after the 50k miles mark.

So another heads up for you 3 series folks or N54 folks, have them check your A/C evaporator before the warranty or extended warranty expires.
      11-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
jw95275
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S5

The dealership most likely will only suggest items that they can claim lots of repair costs from the manufacturer. Took my car to a trusted indie bimmer tech for inspection before warranty expired and got an extensive list of things covered by warranty for the dealer to fix.
Appreciate 0