E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > AWD Malfunction-Speedo/Fuel Inop

11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
wboro4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

AWD Malfunction-Speedo/Fuel Inop

I have an issue with me 2011 328xi, i have the trifecta of lights, brake, abs etc and also no speedo/fuel consumption on my cluster. I am able to test cluster with scan tool and it functions properly, i am also able to actuate abs pump and i tested output at the plug for the wheel speed sensors and all came back ok. I pulled the following codes; 6EC5 control unit, variant coding out of the dsc module, 5F3A transfer case malfuction and 53fc supply, control unit:terminal 30. I first thought maybe it was the actuator on the transfer case, i tried changing that but still no change. When i read the datastream i notice voltage at VTG (terminal 30) is low 5.13V when a normal functioning one is somewhere around 14v when i hook it up. When i read the datastream on the transfer case i also see that current consumption is 0 A but it reconizes the calibration angle and angle of rotation. The battery is new and coded to the car, fuses are all good and alternator test shows values within range. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0