BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Additional Mile Cost for Lease

Wondering...how much do dealers charge for every mile over the allotted mileage on a lease?

I'm thinking about leasing for 36 month and I'm trying to decide if I should go 10k miles lease and have smaller payment, and pay overage miles (of course I'm not going to hit 6000 miles exactly...something between 0-6000 miles) at the end or just go with 12k miles lease. Thanks in advance.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
chiefmike
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i - 2014 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Wondering...how much do dealers charge for every mile over the allotted mileage on a lease?

I'm thinking about leasing for 36 month and I'm trying to decide if I should go 10k miles lease and have smaller payment, and pay overage miles (of course I'm not going to hit 6000 miles exactly...something between 0-6000 miles) at the end or just go with 12k miles lease. Thanks in advance.

Z.
My dealer told me if it look like I was going over I could call 4 months before end of lease and prepay at 16 cents per mile.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post

Z.
My dealer told me if it look like I was going over I could call 4 months before end of lease and prepay at 16 cents per mile.
That is correct. So if you know you're going over, you can add miles (can even do it online) for .16 a mile any time until you are in the last 4 months. If you miss that window, .20 a mile. And the dealer doesn't charge this, BMWFS does. It's not up to the dealers.
Appreciate 0