E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Arlington, VA

12-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
BMW of Arlington, VA

Just starting this thread because I don't see it.

I leased my old e46 here and had a good experience. Sales staff is nice and not pushy. The service dept is top notch - friendly, timely and always willing to answer questions. Their inventory isn't as good as the other other NoVA dealerships but their service more than makes up for it. When I get my e90, I will probably go with them.
      12-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Have to update my experience at Arlington BMW. Seems like alot has changed since 2001.

They were the only dealer which did not respond to my internet query from Edmunds. I had to call them to get a quote - only to find all of their salemen were busy and had to call me back. By the time they called me back 2 days later, I had already gathered quotes from other competing DC metro dealers, negotiated a deal, and ordered my car by.

They also seemed the most snobby and least caring about their customers. I don't have anything horrible to say about them but it certainly wasn't anything good either.

If you live in NoVa - you would probably do alot better by going across the river to VOB or Passport. MD dealers seem much more willing to engage customers and negotiate.
      02-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
wheezer567
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

FYI for anyone needing electrical work done at this dealership. How complicated can an alarm install be? Read on. These pinheads let me make an appointment for a Friday morning. (I'm a new BMW owner and so I relied on what I was told over the phone.) I returned Friday afternoon to pick up my car, but its computer was still being programmed! They told me I'd get it back on Monday. Lessons learned: (1) Don't bring your car in on Friday morning to have electrical work done that also requires the car's computer to be reprogrammed, (2) stick with one service advisor (make appointment & check in with the same person when you drop it off. They gave me a X3 loaner car for the weekend, but that doesn't make up for their incompetence. I chose Arlington because it's close to Crystal City - where I work.
Appreciate 0