F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > 320d GT M Sport
proTUNING Freaks

08-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F36 420d GC MG+CR

320d GT M Sport

I'm currently at the stage of finalizing a purchase for the new BMW 320d GT Alpine White with M Sport Package for around 100.000USD due to the incredible taxes here and I have some question marks, which I would like to share with you.

3 series GT sold only couple pieces in Turkey, so there are no test cars available here right now and it's a pity that I'm at the position of deciding buying without having a chance of driving it.
On all the reviews I have watched on Youtube, everybody suggesting to buy the optional Adaptive Suspension, as a must. It's a pity that none of the cars that distributor bring to Turkey has this option. Even more they are selling M Sport Pack with cancelling the Sport Suspension. I'm not sure why and what it means. But seems that it comes with the Standard Suspension, even it's M Package. What should I go for, I'm really confused.

As this is the first M Sport car that they bring to Turkey from GT, it's at the customs area and I have no chance to see that before buying and paying for that.
All the cars I have seen online with M Sport pack is Grey. Now my only option is Alpine White due to lack of availability in Turkey. Do you think it is a correct or wrong color for this car's look ?
What do you think about Hexagon Alcantara Cloth interior ? Is it something suitable for GT's look either or should I go for leather ?

Briefly, I stuck on deciding what to do. Should I buy the car on their hand or should I proceed with a special order by change the color to Grey, interior to Leather, add Adaptive Suspension and HiFi or HK Speakers, with waiting more than 6 months to arrive.

Thanks.

Last edited by w1k1nG; 08-24-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Photos from Configurator
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Except the Rims, Navigation and Manual Gear, these are the most similar photos for the car available in Turkey and waiting for my decision.

Last edited by w1k1nG; 08-24-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Don't know about the suspension, but I like the white color. If I get a GT, it will likely be white with M Sport.

Enjoy your ride!

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
It doesn't seem fair that you are paying such a large sum of money and you don't get whatever choice you want! You would probably be treated like a king if you walked into a dealership with that amount of money for a car in a lot of other countries..

White in M-sport looks fantastic, so you should stick with it. I actually quite like the cloth seats as it gives the interior a more sporty look. Something good about it is that your car will feel cooler in hot weather than if you had leather. Leather is overrated.
If you really enjoy listening to music, then you may want to consider the upgraded audio system. From personal experience and in my opinion, the standard sound is slightly worse than in the E90 (which I see you currently have). But it is just fine for me, as I only listen to the radio and the quality is sufficient. I can't comment on the adaptive suspension since I don't know anything about it.

But I really hope that you get the optional 19" wheels because they look amazing!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
Bradley
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic 2006

Awesome car.. i love that 320d GT because that is looking very beautiful in these photos. and the color of the car is also looking very nice. do you have any idea about the price of this beauty? thanks for sharing these great shots.
      08-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
K2N
Enlisted Member
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw E90 - 2014 Bmw F34

Hi every1, im from Vietnam and would be going to get a base Alpine White 320i Gt in this Xmas. I'm at my own to separately order M-Sport body kit and larger size wheel for my GT.

But i wonder whether 320i GT could get fluent driving with 19'' wheel plus Run Flat tire because GT's weight is heavier while taking a same hp.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1k1nG View Post
I'm currently at the stage of finalizing a purchase for the new BMW 320d GT Alpine White with M Sport Package for around 100.000USD due to the incredible taxes here and I have some question marks, which I would like to share with you.

3 series GT sold only couple pieces in Turkey, so there are no test cars available here right now and it's a pity that I'm at the position of deciding buying without having a chance of driving it.
On all the reviews I have watched on Youtube, everybody suggesting to buy the optional Adaptive Suspension, as a must. It's a pity that none of the cars that distributor bring to Turkey has this option. Even more they are selling M Sport Pack with cancelling the Sport Suspension. I'm not sure why and what it means. But seems that it comes with the Standard Suspension, even it's M Package. What should I go for, I'm really confused.

As this is the first M Sport car that they bring to Turkey from GT, it's at the customs area and I have no chance to see that before buying and paying for that.
All the cars I have seen online with M Sport pack is Grey. Now my only option is Alpine White due to lack of availability in Turkey. Do you think it is a correct or wrong color for this car's look ?
What do you think about Hexagon Alcantara Cloth interior ? Is it something suitable for GT's look either or should I go for leather ?

Briefly, I stuck on deciding what to do. Should I buy the car on their hand or should I proceed with a special order by change the color to Grey, interior to Leather, add Adaptive Suspension and HiFi or HK Speakers, with waiting more than 6 months to arrive.

Thanks.
If possible, I'd get a rear-wheel drive model and the suspension that would make the car lowest (all wheel drive apparently are all the same ride-height regardless suspension option). It sounds like you will need to go with the Adaptive Suspension in Turkey for the lower ride-height. Indications in reviews are that the adaptive suspension option is worth selecting for reasons other than just lower ride-height and sportiness as well.

As a customer in the US, I'd pay more to get the hexagon alcantara interior than leather...It wouldn't get as hot or cold as leather and looks sportier too. IMO, the hexagon alcantara is the only interior that the blue highlight trim on the dash/doors really looks "correct" with.

Although I've only seen a non-msport black sapphire GT in person, from photos, my opinion is that the GT looks sleeker in darker colors (I ordered dark grey [mineral grey] m-sport). I must say the white one you've posted still looks great with the 19 inch wheels though, and I prefer white to the light grey [glacier silver] BMW had in all the release promotions.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #9
F11M-driver
Rep
Drives: F11-M

I've seen the white GT in Geneva and it looked stunning in white and glacier silver, like the pics.
I personnally prefer the Hexagon, leather is more for GT with Luxury Line.

I've seen a Miniral Grey Sport Line at the dealership and was disapointed with this colour.

I would take the Hifi upgrade, it's sounds great. The HK is if you only expect the very very best form your stereo.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

this car and the 330d love what BMW did with these

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #11
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

video of the car i'm talking about;

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

another one

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
K2N
Enlisted Member
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw E90 - 2014 Bmw F34

To w1k1ng: I'm so excited to wait for a post of your new 320d GT M-Sport. Let's give a quick response with many thanks..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

guys i have picked mine just this afternoon and it's simply amazing.
i will take some photos and share my comments here this weekend.
Appreciate 0