M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

08-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

For those looking for an excellent detailing service in the San Diego area

One of my friends just released this video. Excellent video in general, but also nice to see an M5 getting all pampered up. I don't know what all this talk about Porsche, Audi R8GT's, and stuff is all about on this board lately, but this video makes the F10 M5 look so sexy! Haha!

Anyways, if you are in the San Diego area, this is one option for a professional detailing service that seems to take especially good care of F10 M5's.

I, myself may only do their Detail De’ Elegante Package, which is just a basic wash, as their Comprehensive Surface Enrichment (CSE) package will erode and take off my Opti-Coat 2.0 treatment I did last year.

------------------------------

Detail De’ Elegante

This detail package was formatted for someone who is looking for the ultimate clean vehicle. Ideally for someone who previously purchased the CSE or for someone whose car is already properly sealed/waxed. This detail encompasses all surfaces inside and out leaving everything clean and spotless. Since there is no application of sealants, interior dressings or exterior dressings(With the exception of a tire dressing) this detail does not protect but simply detoxify and rejuvenate your vehicle. All interior surfaces are cleaned and vacuumed.

The exterior of vehicle is taken through a gentle wash using PH neutral shampoo, natural wool wash mitts and plush microfiber towels. Ensuring any protection on the vehicle is not compromised and no marring or wash induced scratches are put into the paint surface.

Price: $100+

--------------------------------

Comprehensive Surface Enrichment

This detail is a comprehensive exterior rejuvenation. This is the basis for any further polishing or exterior work. Every detail first starts with the Comprehensive Surface Enrichment (CSE) leaving the vehicle crystal clean. This detail ensures easier future maintenance and superb protection against the elements.

-Wheels cleaned inside and out. Tires and wheel wells cleaned and degreased.

-Vehicle pressure rinsed then foamed with citrus based cleanser

-Hand washed with gentle auto shampoo and natural lambswool.

-Residual water evacuated from crevices then dried with Microfiber towels

-Paint surface decontaminated with both a clay bar and chemically.

-Machine applied polymer sealant (2-3 Layers)

-Wheels waxed for protection and tires dressed for low shine new rubber look

-All exterior plastic trimwork and metals sealed and protected

-All interior surfaces vacuumed and a gentle wipe down of all dashboards, plastics, navigation screens and consoles performed.

-Glass cleaned and sealed ensuring enhanced visibility

Price: $195+

Estimated time 4-6 hours

Last edited by RPiM5; 08-07-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Very clean, nice stuff. Looks like a million bucks! Apart from the slightly corny Senna intro and music, lovely video as well
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
j1sd
Rep
Drives: M5

Thanks for that. I am in SD also and it is great to have someone who appears to be type A that can fill in when I get lazy...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Looks well worth the money, given all the attention to detail. Nice...