F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Dakota Leather Crack Repair
GetBMWParts

07-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
AppStoreMoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M-Sport

Dakota Leather Crack Repair

Today, as I was cleaning my car, I noticed a small crack on the driver's seat (Dakota Leather). The car only has 8k miles on it, but my wife drove it quite a bit while she was pregnant. I'm blaming it on how she might have entered or exited the vehicle. But really not sure...

Does anyone know of a way to repair this or prevent it from getting worse?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

I had similar kind of rub of on my e90 Dakota(not the best leather on the market) and used black leather furniture paste on it which made it almost invisible just rub it in and dry wipe it with a microfibre. Surely don't want to blame your pregnant wife the way she gets in or out of the car while carrying your baby. Congrats to the little one by the way
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
AppStoreMoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M-Sport

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot.

I found a 2nd place where I have similar rub off on a different seat. So yeah, this is just really fragile leather. It's basically going to look like crap by the time I'm getting rid of the car, so maybe I won't worry too much about it.

It's just depressing that the interior quality of $50K cars isn't really better than the $20-30K cars I'm used to driving. My F30 has quite a few rattles as well. I drove the crap out of my Toyota Tacoma off-road, and it has less rattles at 70k miles.
Appreciate 0