E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Questions on 08 335i Convertible

09-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
sense
Rep
Drives: No Car NOW

Questions on 08 335i Convertible

I wanna order an 08 335i Convertible. But I have some questions to ask, thank you very much for your help!

1, how long will it take from the ordering to the time I get the car. Since I wanna take the free bimmer course, I will pick it up by myself in South Carolina.

2, please tell me your advice on these two options: active cruise system, and active steering. Well, i know they are all fancy and interesting, but they are just too $$$... Could you please tell me your suggestion?

3, about the price. i know from this forum (thanks to the kindly guys!) the so-called confidential wholesale price (is it a invoice price?) and the suggested retail price. what should be the optimal target price i can get from dealer? how to negotiate the price, could you help me?

Thank you very much for your help, every view is welcome!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

1. Get a list of all the dealers in a "driveable radius" of your location
2. Fax or e-mail the dealers a proposal on the car. Put down all the options etc.
3. Put down an offer on what you want to pay for the car. I offered them INVOICE PRICE plus $1500.00 (profit for them) on my 335i Convertible. I chose this number because to me it seems a fair number, very good for the buyer and still good money for the dealer.
4. Make sure you work UP from invoice (aka confidential wholesale price), and NOT DOWN FROM MSRP.
5. Be careful of hidden "doc. fees". Make sure to ask for the "out the door price" This is car price + tax, title, license, and registration fees and any "doc. fees".
6. Sit back and wait for the offers to come back.
7. You may want to consider a European delivery. You can save a chunk of money and get a nice vacation for yourself. Check out this forum and edbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
sense
Rep
Drives: No Car NOW

thank u very much

1, INVOICE PRICE plus $1500.00, is it an outdoor price including tax, fees...., or only the car price?

2, what's the meaning of european delivery? i request the car be delivered in an european country, then i fly to europe to pick it up? but how can i come back with my car? or you mean flying ticket + shippment is still less than the money difference between european delivery and american pickup?

thanks a lot!

how do u think about your car? hopefully we both will not regret in future. haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #4
Northcar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93

Active cruise and active steering are probably the two most deleted options. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
Active cruise and active steering are probably the two most deleted options. Hope that helps.
And ZPD = Satellite Radio Prep deletion (that goofy looking shark fin on the trunk lid)

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0