E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E85

07-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Iceberg3232
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

E85

So I am doing the math the other day and I just cannot keep driving 35+ miles to get e85. Does anyone have any delivery/storage systems they are using? I'm looking at the following but not sure what safety concerns e85 presents when compared to gasoline. Will this type of a storage setup work?
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/sa...campaignId=T9Z
335 XI Coupe/ RB Turbos/ JB4 w/ Wedge Backend / Meth / Inline LPFP / E85 / UUC SSK / Spec2+ SMFW / HPF 7'' IC / Forged DV's / AR DP's / BMS DCI / Apex Arc-8 /Hankook Ventus V12 EVO / KWV1 / HPF Exhaust/ NGK/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
07tundra
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 8.1L Chevy 2500hd

Looks good, I would use it!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

55 gallon drum with stainless hand pump. Sunoco sells e85 drums for racing. Contact your local race fuel dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Kabnine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
55 gallon drum with stainless hand pump. Sunoco sells e85 drums for racing. Contact your local race fuel dealer.
Before we got a pump locally my brother was storing it in steel drums and plastic fuel containers you buy from the servo etc in my shed, the one away from the house. He was using a reasonable amount of it so it was never sitting long. Can't say I would let him store any fuel, regardless of variety, in the garage attached to the house.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabnine View Post
Before we got a pump locally my brother was storing it in steel drums and plastic fuel containers you buy from the servo etc in my shed, the one away from the house. He was using a reasonable amount of it so it was never sitting long. Can't say I would let him store any fuel, regardless of variety, in the garage attached to the house.
In an opaque drum from all the research I've done it should be fine for about 1 year. I would not keep a 55 gallon drum of it in anything connected to my house. A shed would work as long as its well ventilated.

I had plans of ordering e85 by the drum as I'll be moving to a remote location and will not have access to e85. I eventually decided I just dont care and I'll live with 91 octane.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #6
Kabnine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
In an opaque drum from all the research I've done it should be fine for about 1 year. I would not keep a 55 gallon drum of it in anything connected to my house. A shed would work as long as its well ventilated.

I had plans of ordering e85 by the drum as I'll be moving to a remote location and will not have access to e85. I eventually decided I just dont care and I'll live with 91 octane.
It still isn't widely available in Australia, so I am going to go the Vishnu Flex Fuel option. My understanding of what they offer should allow me to run whatever is available without any map changes.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabnine
Quote:

It still isn't widely available in Australia, so I am going to go the Vishnu Flex Fuel option. My understanding of what they offer should allow me to run whatever is available without any map changes.
Correct, you can essentially fill up with which ever fuel you choose, and the sensor will do the rest for you and adjust the tune accordingly

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0