E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Boost Leak

07-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
DocSolis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 E92 335i Sport

Boost Leak

Wondering if anybody had boost leak code right after installing catless dps and fmic. I just had both installed and there was no boost in the car i checked with the cobb ap and got the p30ff code and engine malfunction when going wot. I was running stage one agg. on the cobb prior to installing the fmic and dps and never had any issue with boost, only issue was misfire which was taken care of with new spark plugs and coils. From research it seems more than likely it something that's loose or wasn't tightened properly on FMIC. So trying to get input and also if anybody had the same exact issue. I'm still kinda a newbie at this tuning stuff but hopefully this isn't a issue that gonna take a while and whole lot of cash to figure out and fix.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Yeah, one of the FMIC couplers is probably loose. Check those.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
07tundra
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 8.1L Chevy 2500hd

Boost leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSolis View Post
Wondering if anybody had boost leak code right after installing catless dps and fmic. I just had both installed and there was no boost in the car i checked with the cobb ap and got the p30ff code and engine malfunction when going wot. I was running stage one agg. on the cobb prior to installing the fmic and dps and never had any issue with boost, only issue was misfire which was taken care of with new spark plugs and coils. From research it seems more than likely it something that's loose or wasn't tightened properly on FMIC. So trying to get input and also if anybody had the same exact issue. I'm still kinda a newbie at this tuning stuff but hopefully this isn't a issue that gonna take a while and whole lot of cash to figure out and fix.
Check your vacuum lines
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff
+1 make sure those bitches are TIGHT

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
gatorheel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff
+1 make sure those bitches are TIGHT
+2 prob the issue. Tough to get them properly aligned during install. If that doesn't fix it, you will want to get/do boost leak test. Could have faulty intercooler.
      07-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs San Marino Blue

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I had a boost leak after fmic install. I made sure all the clamps were nice and tight and tried to arrange the silicone couplers in the best arrangement to get a nice seal. After that I kept getting the under boost code and went back under the hood to find that one of the clamps was loose. The best thing to do is run the car after the initial install and then go back and tighten everything when the car is warm.

[IMG]m4 by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
DocSolis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 E92 335i Sport

Thanks guys, I'm gonna check out the fmic connections later today would've done it yesterday but got the car back from the shop late and it was 4th of July I had the itch to blow shit up since I got out of the military so yesterday was fun popping some fireworks while somewhat intoxicated. Disappointed in the indy shop since the owner is great with customer service and he is very knowledgeable in tuning but I guess his mechanics aren't.
Appreciate 0