E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Sales Contract.......ED

09-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
imparator4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW BMW 335i

Sales Contract.......ED

When buying a car through European Delivery does the sales contract mention length of delivery time?

If so, what if the delivery time is not met? Is there any type of compensation or is it up to BMW to say YES we're gonna do something for you or NO we can't help you?

Please don't tell me that this is the risk you take with European Delivery. That's not the question.
      09-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

The sales contract does not mention the length of delivery. The reason being that the boats are not owned by BMW so they dont have much control over them. So in the event that the ships are delayed, BMW are not held liable. Also, damages could happen on during transport thus it might take longer to get the car back to your dealer. This is why they give you insurance- the damages (if any) will be fixed but that could take longer than normal.

However, if your car is unusually late (and I mean like 12 weeks) then you can call BMW and see if they can reimburse/compensate you for the month's payment. It's really up to them though so no guarantees there.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imparator4 View Post
When buying a car through European Delivery does the sales contract mention length of delivery time?

Please don't tell me that this is the risk you take with European Delivery. That's not the question.
Actually that is the risk that you take for the benefit of driving your on roads that it was actually built for.

But seriously, you did ED back in July and your car is probably on a boat somewhere. It's kind of late in the game to wonder if a re-delivery time line is provided in the Sales Contract.

But basically ED cars are very low priority at the VPC. Ordered/pre-sold cars are cleared first off the boats.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock

Last edited by CALIF65GM; 09-26-2007 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
Hound Passer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i Convertible

BMW says 6-8 weeks. I got mine in 5, but I've seen people here wait 10, 11, 12. It really depends on where you are located (East coast delivery if faster than Mid-West or West Coast, whether your car is damaged in shipment, and how backed up customs is. Customs is the main bottle neck. BMW owned cars do not have to go through customs which is why US delivered cars on the same boat as ED cars get to the dealer weeks ahead.
Appreciate 0