E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Slight engine hesitation around 40 on flat roads.

06-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
kboretti
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sedan

Slight engine hesitation around 40 on flat roads.

Hello my 06 325i has some slight engine hesitation when I cruise on flat roads around 40 mph. It feels like I let slightly of the gas and then hit it again and it does it every 5-10 seconds.
I tried locking the gearbox in one gear and it still happens. I tried turning ac off and locking in the gearbox to one gear and still.
I dont know much about the O2 sensor on this car but my experience from previous cars tells me that this kind of light load driving is when the 02 sensor regulates the AF ratio. (I don't know if this car has a wide band sensor)
My car has 97000 miles on it and I hear the o2 sensor is due around then?
Or could the mass airflow or any other sensor do this to? I just had a spark plug change by the way but the problem was present before I did that.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0