E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Tail Lamp DRL out

05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
JStreet_EAC2
EAC TN Chapter
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Tail Lamp DRL out

Having trouble diagnosing the issue. The driverside tail lamp, DRL is out (The horizontal lamp on the quarterpanel). Ive replaced all the bulbs and applied lamp grease. I didnt notice any damage. Light is still INOP. Ive made an attempt at locating the fuse panel but I'm lost in translating it. Would there even be a fuse for individual lamps?

Has anyone had this issue?

I've read through forum after forum and I've only found one topic that address this issue and ends prematurly before the resolution was discovered.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Unfortunately, it's an LED and part of the assembly.

Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears that it is fed directly from the footwell module and that the inner taillight (in the trunk lid) is fed from the same wire with a connection at X3257 ("footwell module to taillights - left footwell") - so if the inner taillight is working but the outer is not you're probably looking at a bad taillight assembly.

To confirm this probe for voltage with the lights on at pin 4 of X319 (I assume that that's the connector that directly plugs into the taillight assembly; Bentley is unclear on this point) using pin 2 of X319 as your ground. If that checks good, it's definitely inside the light. If that is the case, keep an eye out for a used one from someone doing a LCI conversion.
Appreciate 0