F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMS/AFE Tune on a leased car?
proTUNING Freaks

04-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
S_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

BMS/AFE Tune on a leased car?

Well I swore I wouldn't touch this car being that it's a lease that I really just bought it to commute in, and I shouldn't be spending money on a car that's technically "not mine". But for the price of these tunes I figure I don't have much to lose. If I owned it I probably would have done it much sooner, the car already has 13,000 miles.

So I figure after I go in for my 1st service shortly I'll probably throw on BMS stage 1. Does anybody have an experience returning leased cars that have been tuned? I'll obviously remove the piggyback before taking it in for service and before I return the car at the end of the lease, but I'm not sure if any codes will be stored that flag the car as having been tuned.

Basically I just want to turn this thing in 2 years from now with no headaches...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Search is your best friend. This topic has been covered numerous times
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
S_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
Search is your best friend. This topic has been covered numerous times
After 6 years on this forum I'm well aware that there is a search function. Was looking for a little more concrete information than what I found, possibly peoples real world expreiences returning leased cars.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
allx11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Im also leasing my car, But I'm not shying away from customizing the car. All the parts I will be adding to the car will be coming off once I turn in the car, Including a piggy back tune. I don't think you will have any issues, I have leased a car before and the two things they meticulously check for was wear and tare and tires.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
PeterF11
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F11 5.28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by allx11
Im also leasing my car, But I'm not shying away from customizing the car. All the parts I will be adding to the car will be coming off once I turn in the car, Including a piggy back tune. I don't think you will have any issues, I have leased a car before and the two things they meticulously check for was wear and tare and tires.
Get the bavarian technic cable and delete all the hidden tuner codes before you get your car serviced or hand it in after the lease. I did the same thing
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
cw0974
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF11 View Post
Get the bavarian technic cable and delete all the hidden tuner codes before you get your car serviced or hand it in after the lease. I did the same thing
This or a can tool to delete codes. The availability of these tools is the only reason I'm getting one for my leased f30.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
So I figure after I go in for my 1st service shortly I'll probably throw on BMS stage 1.

Basically I just want to turn this thing in 2 years from now with no headaches...
Go for it. In a short time, Stage 2 will be released, which has CAN access/control and you will be able to delete codes. Easy.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
After 6 years on this forum I'm well aware that there is a search function. Was looking for a little more concrete information than what I found, possibly peoples real world expreiences returning leased cars.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.
Don't think people w f30 would be returning their lease anytime soon.. Considering it came out 2012. Also if you've been around for 6 years I'd hope you already know what these guys are currently posting. Like I said this topic was covered multiple times with real people with real experiences. Don't expect something new when you post on exact same topic

Anyway free forum, your freedom to speech. I'm done messing
Appreciate 0