F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > repair paint
proTUNING Freaks

03-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

repair paint

BMW dealer told me they sell these paint stick that customer can buy, if they get a small chip or small scratch on the car, they can use that stick to repair it... thoughts on the product? any good?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

I just bought the set for 20 euro from my dealer. It comes with clear coat as well. I'll try and remember to post about it after I use some. Just getting detailed in time for the rain today... But I'll touch up the paint soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerKiller View Post
I just bought the set for 20 euro from my dealer. It comes with clear coat as well. I'll try and remember to post about it after I use some. Just getting detailed in time for the rain today... But I'll touch up the paint soon!
what u mean clear coat?... so do you use the paint stick and put clear coat on it after?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Y View Post
what u mean clear coat?... so do you use the paint stick and put clear coat on it after?
Your car comes with a layer of clear paint over the body color, so if you want to get it back close to normal (and protect the color), you should apply clear coat on top of your own touch up paint. Standard rock chips are too small to use the paint stick that comes in the kit. It's about the same as a fingernail polish brush and if you're not talented, you'll leave brush strokes. Use a toothpick to apply just enough to fill the chip.
Appreciate 0