M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

12-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Mr-blow-M-OFF
Rep
Drives: F10M5

My M5 is burning engine oil.

Got my new M5 in midOctober, now it's already 4K Km on it. It needs to refill engine oil approx. per 400km。 I always say to my friend, my car doesn't need to change engine oil, it drinks all. Anyone has same situation? LOL. (Want to post a photo of my car. But cannot be done at iPhone .
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I'm in T.O. as well.

I'm consuming about 1 litre per 1000km on average. I make my monthly trip to Town & Country to top it up. Now, they don't even ask me where is the oil bar sits on as they simply hand over a bottle of oil and off I go.

I noticed that if I drive the car aggressively for most of the time, then it tends to drink more, not sure if this is a myth or fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-blow-M-OFF View Post
Got my new M5 in midOctober, now it's already 4K Km on it. It needs to refill engine oil approx. per 400km。 I always say to my friend, my car doesn't need to change engine oil, it drinks all. Anyone has same situation? LOL. (Want to post a photo of my car. But cannot be done at iPhone .
Appreciate 0