E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Vista BMW, Ft. Laud. area

05-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Vista BMW, Ft. Laud. area

Service and support are superior! Price is something else; these guys wouldn't give your dying grandmother a decent discount. I got $500 off retail after having gotten my last 7 BMWs there. The sales staff is extremely knowledgeable and true BMW fans themselves. Service is impeccable. At least that's been my experience.

Here are my recommendations for people to see:

SALES: John Ponholzer

SERVICE: Dino Belotti (Probably the best in the country)!!

These two guys are the best they have.

If you're local and are looking for outstanding service and support, then Vista is your best choice. Having said that, if you're not really local then shop around, this is a very competitive market with several BMW dealers in the area. I KNOW I could have gotten a better deal at one of the other dealers but stayed with them for service and support.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
SiR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 525i, E92 335i

Where did they relocate? I was pretty sure they stop selling BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR
Where did they relocate? I was pretty sure they stop selling BMWs.
No, as a matter of fact I believe they may be the largest BMW dealer in the country right now (by volume). They have moved to a new huge location on Sample Rd. in Coconut Creek. 22 acres of BMWs. It's hard not to find something you like on the lot.

I believe their web site is www.vistabmw.com.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
06&03Owner
Rep
Drives: 06-330i 03-530i

that's funny, I went there and they wanted a 7K over invoice fee when the Z4 first came out. I called BMW NA to complain and they told me that Vista IS NOT an authorized BMW dealer. If you see the BMW commercials on TV only Lauderdale Imports and Braman BMW are listed as authorized dealers.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03&04Owner
that's funny, I went there and they wanted a 7K over invoice fee when the Z4 first came out. I called BMW NA to complain and they told me that Vista IS NOT an authorized BMW dealer. If you see the BMW commercials on TV only Lauderdale Imports and Braman BMW are listed as authorized dealers.
Sorry but that's wrong. The other dealers are only the ones who paid for those ads. Vista runs its own ads on TV. Believe me Vista is larger than both of them put together. Vista is also one of the dealers that sponsored the E90 "Roll-out" event with BMW NA here at the end of April.

I don't know who you talked to at BMW NA but it may have been the janitor. Call 'em again. If you've been to their new location in Coconut creek I don't think there will be ANY doubt but that they're an authorized dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
06&03Owner
Rep
Drives: 06-330i 03-530i

Gee Jack, no need to get nasty! as this forum is for as explained, "Well, many of us like to know which dealer is better for sales, which is better for repairs, or to air our grievences from a bad experience so fellow E90 post enthusiasts will be aware for the future"

I'm just telling about my experience. I called BMW at the time that the Z4 was coming out. At your request I just called again, (making sure I did not speak to the janitor as you suggested) and they told me that they "recently" became authorized, not at the time that I called before.

I also wanted to say that the day I went to try and test drive a Z4 (when they told me 7K over invoice, "just because we have them") they had no manuals to test drive, only automatic so the sales manager himself drove out one that was already purchased by someone else so I would test drive it. His words and I quote "This one is already paid for, and they are coming to pick it up tomorrow, your wife and you can test drive it, just go easy on it".

Wow, i would be really p***sed if a dealership did that to me on a new car already paid for, which is excatly what I told the manager and left.

Again, just telling about my experience...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03&04Owner
Gee Jack, no need to get nasty! as this forum is for as explained, "Well, many of us like to know which dealer is better for sales, which is better for repairs, or to air our grievences from a bad experience so fellow E90 post enthusiasts will be aware for the future"

I'm just telling about my experience. I called BMW at the time that the Z4 was coming out. At your request I just called again, (making sure I did not speak to the janitor as you suggested) and they told me that they "recently" became authorized, not at the time that I called before.

I also wanted to say that the day I went to try and test drive a Z4 (when they told me 7K over invoice, "just because we have them") they had no manuals to test drive, only automatic so the sales manager himself drove out one that was already purchased by someone else so I would test drive it. His words and I quote "This one is already paid for, and they are coming to pick it up tomorrow, your wife and you can test drive it, just go easy on it".

Wow, i would be really p***sed if a dealership did that to me on a new car already paid for, which is excatly what I told the manager and left.

Again, just telling about my experience...
Sorry 'bout that, I didn't mean to come across as nasty..just my dry sense of humor. I have to work with lawyers all the time

Anyway, I'm still not sure why you keep getting that info from NA. I leased my 2nd BMW from them 12 years ago through BMW Financial and they will not finance cars for unauthorized dealers.

Bottom line: I've never heard of them price gouging as you indicated but that's not to say they don't. I've never been quoted a price on any car that was not discounted from MSRP (no hidden fees or charges). The problem with them is that their discounts are minimal and can usually be bettered at other dealerships in the area. What they do have going for them is first rate service and support.

P.S. I also heard that the janitor has recently been promoted to a Customer Support position. Hmmmmmm.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
JRMillion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I live in MA but I actually got my X3 from Vista while visiting a friend in FL.
I am currently trying to get someone to assume the lease, so I can get a 06 330i.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #9
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I hope their service is like you say. I could only get $750 off MSRP on a $42k 330i.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Well this is my eperence, I first ordered a 325I from Vista. My salsman Oggy Roice was very nice and helped out verry much. He was only offering to throw in all season floormats, chrome exaust, trunk liner, wheel locks,and mud flaps which were great, but not a discount in my book. Like someone said earlier, Vista wouldn't give a discount to a dying grandmother.
About a week later i happened to be in the area and stop by Lauterdale imports in ft. Lauterdale. I wanted to see if they had any e90's in Sparkling Graaphite (Vista had none on there lot, in fact they only had about 5 e90's tota, so much for the worlds largets BMW dealer) so i asked the salesman if he had any e90's in SG he starts asking me abouut buying a new car....bla...bla...bla... i say look i aready bought a one from vista i was just looking around if you guys had any in SG. He says, well thats to bad i could have given you a better deal. In the end he gave me everything Vista did plus 500 off msrp so i took it after looking at there service depart which looked as good as vista did. In my opion there not as fancy as Vista, but just as good

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #11
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

The reason Vista doesn't have that many on the lot is because everyone and their mother can afford an e90 here. Every time I went down there were ~10 and half of them were sold.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #12
petefalzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d E90

I got 2K off MSRP for my 330i @ Lauderdale imports. They were easy to deal with and found the car I wanted at another dealer in FL and had it trucked in within a few hours. Even threw in the floor maps and a BMW polo shirt.

2006 330i / Electric Red /Black Leather /Sports Package/ Premium Package / 6sp
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #13
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

I got my 2003 330Ci from them but I will shop around more next month when the time comes to order the 330i. Probably I will do ED anyways.

I had Dani Paulino for sales and he was nice to deal with. I got like $500-1000 off MSRP back then if I take into account the SunRoof, alarm, and floor mats. They are famous for not giving much.

I was there 2 months ago to drive the 330i and Dani was not there, so I dealt with another guy who was super cocky. I look kind of young I keep getting IDd for alcohol (I am 33) I think he did not take me seriously. I walked away from him. I don't think I will include them into my next shopping research just for that.

At least on the test drive I made him fly from the left side to the right in the rear seats after a corner probably he did not like it. Buckle up!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #14
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I just bought my 325i from Vista BMW. Great dealership. my Ca was marty weinman, very nice guy, easy to deal with. cant remember the service guys name. got 1200 off msrp. I think thats only because my dad bought my mom a 530 from them about 5 months ago. but anyways, a great dealership, HUGE, had about 5 m5's it was amazing.
      12-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #15
jays1000
Rep
Drives: E90 AW 325

I went into Vista a couple of weeks ago..after getting a price to lease a 325 from their 'internet' dept. The women who had given me the price was not in, so I had to speak to some other guy in that dept. He tells me her price is incorrect and it was 'impossible' to get a car for that price....so...2 days later I go to Braman in West Palm and they beat his price by 50 bucks a month on a lease . (same as I was quoted to start with)....Vista nice looking dealership..but they left a bad feeling with me....Braman was great...no BS......
      12-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #16
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
sorry you didnt have a good experiance at Vista, but hey who cares u got ur e90.
      12-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #17
jays1000
Rep
Drives: E90 AW 325

yep..I agree that I got the car and I'm happy..just amazing how one dealer lets a customer walk out..and a nearby dealer gives the quoted price..and I'm sure Braman did not lose any money on my car.......
      12-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #18
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i had an interesting experiance waiting in the service area yesterday, i dont know if its just that the guys hate their jobs and it was towards the end of the day, but those SA (you say service advisors, i say service assholes) are jerks. excuse me, not all of them but about a good majority, ok maybe not a majority but 3-4 lol. just giving you guys a heads up, dont see a guy named arthur or arty (diddnt deal with him, but a elderly lady did) and he was very rude to her. she said that it was getting late (about 525) and she cant drive once it gets dark. so arty goes to the loaner guys and tells them that this old woman cant drive past dark n they give him a look like wtf, hes like ya i no ive never heard of this either but w.e. also this guy started yelling at another elderly man who needed to get 2 tires changed and he was waiting like 2.5 hours n hes like this is riduclas, im leaving, and the SA just started going off on this man, w.e i didnt have to deal with any of them, just gettin my windows tinted, which btw they did a excelent job.
      04-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #19
bbd888
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 Ti- Silver

Need advice and clarifications...

I just came from the dealers to check out the new E90, my question is did anybody have to pay for this " Total Vehicle Protection" for $995 and "Floor Mats" for $129. Also, their dealer fee of $489(pre-printed on a form) the guy said this is standard.

I just want to clarify things "MSRP", is this the amount when we build you own car with the option you want on your car from www.bmwusa.com?

They offered me $44336.89 out the door price for the car below.

330i
Met paint
leather
sprt pkg
prem pkg
comft acs.

Do you guys think I can still get a better deal elsewhere?
Please advice....
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #20
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yes!!! Look to Lauderdale Imports & Braman in Palm Beach.

Vista is getting too big for their britches!

Great service knowledge but unacceptible attitude.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #21
bbd888
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 Ti- Silver

This " Total Vehicle Protection" for $995 and "Floor Mats" for $129. Also, their dealer fee of $489(pre-printed on a form) the guy said this is standard.

This statement was from BramanBMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
BDougl01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The sales is a little lacking they were hard to fight with..but I eventually got the deal I wanted...but I have to give hands up to service..never had great service with BMW until I was refered to Dino through a friend and I have to say he is probably the best person ive ever dealt with and only reason I bought this new car there...def one of the only reasons I went back to BMW
Appreciate 0