E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 at the end of my teather

09-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Adria80
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 320 msport 2007

e90 at the end of my teather

Hi all. Just purchased my second e90 this time an approved used one from a bmw it's a gorgeous black 320m sport petrol 35k miles. I wont go into the issues I have had right now. As I would fill the page.

Essentially I have had a new air con compressor which sits in the passenger Side of the engine bay (I think) this resolved an whirling noise that you could only hear inside the car.....good result.

However having driven the car away there is now another noise which was not there before. Its when I rev or pull away between 1 and 2000 revs. And does not do it at any other time. By time i had scoped the noise out i was away frkm the garage Nd thdy are now closed.

Luckily I was having a car kit fitted by an independent place there the guy was also a mechanic. He had a listen from the inside of the car as you cannot here anything from the outside it purrs nicely. But he said that it will probably a case of when they fitted the new air con compressor there is a pipe touching or a bit of vibration. So he said just to book it back in as it shouldn't be a big job go sort.

Would he be right?

P.s when looked undre the bonnet they had left the alarm unplugged....attention to detail.

Getting a little annoyed now as car has been back loads. And the dealer is 60 miles away...Just want to enjoy the car..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Teather? Frkm the garage Nd thdy?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Adria80
Registered