E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Me Plz!!! Headlights Problem...

09-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
zwang130
NOOB
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Help Me Plz!!! Headlights Problem...

I had the driver side headlight replaced...but they screw up and lost my xenon bulb was in the driver's side...so I have to order a pair of bulbs to replace them and I did. I ordered a pair of 6000k bulbs from bimmian. Then I took it to the shop let them put it on...but now the problem is...the driver's side is true looks brighter(white), but the right side still looks what it was(little blue and away brighter than the driver's side)... I dont know if they screw up again? Or is the problem because my headlight(cause the driver's side is new)? In my opinion I think the color looks different is only bcz of the bulbs...but im not 100% sure...plz help me...THX GUYS!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

are they both level?
the picture makes it look like the passenger side one is tilted up more, and the angle can affect the color.
put it facing a wall and afjust the cut off of each light to be level, and then take a look.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
zwang130
NOOB
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYohay View Post
are they both level?
the picture makes it look like the passenger side one is tilted up more, and the angle can affect the color.
put it facing a wall and afjust the cut off of each light to be level, and then take a look.
Thanks for the advice! Is this could relate to motor stepper problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Looks like the passenger side headlight is just aimed up a bit than the driver side. Typically, it's normal for that because you don't want to blind the oncoming traffic too much.....

But you can probably aim it down just a bit to make it look more even.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
zwang130
NOOB
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Looks like the passenger side headlight is just aimed up a bit than the driver side. Typically, it's normal for that because you don't want to blind the oncoming traffic too much.....

But you can probably aim it down just a bit to make it look more even.
Thanks dude! Forgive me, im a noob on this...how can I move it up or down? Or I have to go to the dealer and let them do it?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If you open the hood and look towards the back of the head light, there should be a hole you can stick a Philips screw driver into and turn it accordingly to adjust the aim of either headlight....you'll see a 'plus' symbol much like the head of a Philips screw driver....I forgot which way to turn is up and down, but you'll be able to tell by looking at the projected beam.

If you can't find it, I'll take a pic tomorrow and how you....

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
zwang130
NOOB
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
If you open the hood and look towards the back of the head light, there should be a hole you can stick a Philips screw driver into and turn it accordingly to adjust the aim of either headlight....you'll see a 'plus' symbol much like the head of a Philips screw driver....I forgot which way to turn is up and down, but you'll be able to tell by looking at the projected beam.

If you can't find it, I'll take a pic tomorrow and how you....
YES PLEASE!! I'll wait for your pics!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I won't have time to take a pic till later this afternoon....in the mean time, why don't you give it a try?

Basically, open your hood. Look directly down at the headlight, which would technically be the TOP of the headlight housing. Now look towards the back a little bit, and you should see what I was talking about. It's fairly simple, there won't be any other holes that'll fit a Philip screw driver. You'll obviously see all the screws that attaches the headlight to the body/frame of the car.

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here you go.....
Attached Images

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0