E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > TPMS acting "Strange"

09-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

TPMS acting "Strange"

Hello all,

I purchased some BERU (OEM) TPMS for my HREs and discovered something strange the other day. My TPMS has been going off every couple of weeks indicating the rear right tire was low. I bent this tire awhile back. Long story short, I thought the bent rim is leaking air even though the tire shop has not been able to find leakage. I sent the rim back to HRE to have both barrells replaced. Rim is basically brand new now. TPMS is still coming on. I checked the air and it is showing 35 PSI. One day, I decided to check all four tires. I discovered the left rear was very low, like at around 15 PSI. After I filled this tire with air, the TPSM is back to ok. The TPSM is picking up the low air from the rear left but indicating rear right is low on my I-Drive screen. I have not seen this on my OEM set. I don't know if this has to do with the BERU TPMS or my car since my OEM has never had a flat. Anyone else experienced this? What do you guys/gals think could be causing this "strange" occurance?

Thanks.

2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//

Last edited by reddemon73; 09-04-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0