E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Prestige Bmw (New Jersey)

05-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
CoolBurn
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Prestige Bmw (New Jersey)

They were pretty good, removed about 1k off my msrp for a 325i.
Monaco Blue
Xenon
Auto
I'm expecting delivery mid to late june. I would recommend Prestige, they did a good job with the bottom line and to get me the car as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I was also happy with the service I got at Prestige. The salesperson took me on a quick test drive that allowed me to test tight curve handling, highway speeds, and also rough pavement. Then we put together the car on the computer and settled on a price.

What impressed me that most was that the sales associate actually knew the car. When I went to Park Place BMW, the sales associate had to constantly refer to the brochure to answer my questions (and even then, most were answered incorrectly).

Overall, I would highly recommend Prestige.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
DTDREW
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I've gotten 4 beamers from prestige bmw since march of 2002. They def take care of you after you have gotten one from them. Last car from prestige was 04 330 ci conv. auto/leathr/sport/prem/winter/navi/xenon/18"upgrade/har kard sounds. Checked in with them yesterday.. NO Programs/Discounts on NEW 3 Yet. Hopefully soon
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Paul Miller is also a good dealer in New Jersey if anyone is interested...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Circle took care of me 2nd time customer
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
Dvd2000g
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328xi

Circle BMW

Who did you work with over there? I was quoted at Circle the same car you have (with the addition of Navi) at 630/mo. w/3000 out of pocket; 15k miles 36 months. What kind of deal did you get over there?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I ordered mine in early may. I got 3% off very easy which was good since it was a long time ago. I was not going to fight over a few 1oo dollars. I think you can even do better then that now. Some guy just got a really good deal. samer car as mine with Navi and he got 2500 off.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #8
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just took delivery of my car from Prestige BMW today. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. When I got there they showed me the car, went over the main options, features, and a quick run through of how to operate the various controls and electronics. Then I sat down to sign the paperwork.

Since my car was ordered, I had already settled on a price. The only negative to was dealing with the finance manager. I had told my salesperson that I would likely use outside financing due to the lower rates. But the finance manager refused to accept the financing I had obtained from E-loan because thier policy was to only accept "certified cashiers checks". I called E-loan and they said they could issue a certifiied check, but it would be Monday before they could even have it sent out.

The finance manager at Prestige basically told me that the only way I would be able to take the car today would be to use Chase Auto Finance. So my response was, the only way you will see me sign for Chase Finance is if you match or beat the terms I have with E-loan. Fortunately, I always bring a copy of my 3-credit agency FICO score when going to dealers. I told them that there are plenty of other sources that will have no problem financing me with a 790 credit score.

Less than 5 minutes later, they matched the terms and I drove off in my new car. My client advisor was very good and I will still give him 5's on the evaluation, but its a shame how the finance manager can ruin the car-buying experience. :mad:

Overall, I would probably still recommend Prestige to others. But I if you have outside financing, get a certified check first, and try to bypass the in-house financing altogether.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
Red
Chris Bangle For Prez
Rep
Drives: Ford (yea, I know)

Great info Mike, good luck with your new baby.
      09-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #10
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
Circle took care of me 2nd time customer

Circle lost me as a customer when then would't take meet my price of invoice + $1750 on an X3. We were $137 apart.

This was 3 months after buying a loaded Z4 from them.

Too arrogant. Even for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #11
petesamprs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
Circle lost me as a customer when then would't take meet my price of invoice + $1750 on an X3. We were $137 apart.

Loyalty is useless. Dealers are a commodity. Just find the best price each time you buy, and use that dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro

$137 not even worth your time to discuss.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #13
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just wanted to follow up my previous review of Prestige now that I have actually taken delivery of my car.

I placed my order in May for a delivery around Sept 1st. My car actually arrived about 3 weeks early. I took delivery about 2 weeks after it arrived (still 1 week earlier than I had originally planned). My car was fairly well optioned and I also got a few dealer add-ons (alarm, wheel locks, wheel and tire warranty, and window etching).

Overall, I am VERY impressed with the dealer, but less so with the salesperson. My salesperson was very knowledgeable and negotiated a reasonable price very quickly, but really didn't follow through with things well. I told him about the dealer options I wanted when I placed the order. I also confirmed these items when the car arrived at the dealer, and again when confirming the appointment for delivery.

When I arrive, I find that the wheel locks where not installed and during the tour of the dealer, he drops me off in the parts department so that I can buy them. However, the parts department informs me that they didn't even have them in stock. So, I had to have them ordered and bring the car back to have them installed.

I must say that the service department has done a great job. They had someone come out to pick up my car to install the wheel locks (and to take care of the window etching). The salesperson had charged me for this, but didn't even have it installed.

Ironically, I got the BMW survey call as I was typing this. I gave the dealership 5's, but I gave the salesperson's handling of the sale a 3.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #14
BEAMER06
Rep
n/a
Drives:

2006 325i from prestige.. due mid december. white/blk leather/alum trim/auto/premium/sport/navi/xenon

2yr lease -500 with tax-zero down
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
E90AW
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 07 si

Hey guys,
i've been on 2 test dirves already,both 325i's. one at open road bmw in edison and another one at jmk bmw in westfield.
the one at edison was an auto trans and they had no manuals so i went and tested a stick at jmk. Now, at JMK it was me and a friend, we are 21 years old and the salesperson let us take it out on our own! Oh Boy!!! DO I Feel SOory for the person who buys that car! it already had 400miles on it but STIIL! it was fun, chirpin gears and tailgating, a little peelout and high speed. Definitely not a regular test drive! anyhow, most likely gona get a 325xi if i dont end up buying a pick up. LOL. im gona give the jmk a shot first since they let me enjoy that test drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
E90AW
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 07 si

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
I just wanted to follow up my previous review of Prestige now that I have actually taken delivery of my car.

I placed my order in May for a delivery around Sept 1st. My car actually arrived about 3 weeks early. I took delivery about 2 weeks after it arrived (still 1 week earlier than I had originally planned). My car was fairly well optioned and I also got a few dealer add-ons (alarm, wheel locks, wheel and tire warranty, and window etching).

Overall, I am VERY impressed with the dealer, but less so with the salesperson. My salesperson was very knowledgeable and negotiated a reasonable price very quickly, but really didn't follow through with things well. I told him about the dealer options I wanted when I placed the order. I also confirmed these items when the car arrived at the dealer, and again when confirming the appointment for delivery.
When I arrive, I find that the wheel locks where not installed and during the tour of the dealer, he drops me off in the parts department so that I can buy them. However, the parts department informs me that they didn't even have them in stock. So, I had to have them ordered and bring the car back to have them installed.

I must say that the service department has done a great job. They had someone come out to pick up my car to install the wheel locks (and to take care of the window etching). The salesperson had charged me for this, but didn't even have it installed.

Ironically, I got the BMW survey call as I was typing this. I gave the dealership 5's, but I gave the salesperson's handling of the sale a 3.

Michael

i used to sell cars and getting pissed at the salesperson over something so minor is stupid and pointless to tell you the truth. it porlly wans't even his fault, but im sure he didnt care cuz afterall you just paid his mortgage bill
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #17
TYW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: - 335i Coupe - Monaco / Saddle

For those in central NJ, take a trip to the new Fleminton BMW Dealer on RT. 202 North - It's the nicest BMW showroom I've seen and I'm told (but can't confirm) that it is the largest in the U.S.

This is were I purchased my 325i in Sept. and had a very good experience. I have not used the Service Dept. yet, but the Garage is incredible.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #18
DTDREW
Rep
n/a
Drives:

prestige bmw is great 5's all the way!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #19
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW
For those in central NJ, take a trip to the new Fleminton BMW Dealer on RT. 202 North - It's the nicest BMW showroom I've seen and I'm told (but can't confirm) that it is the largest in the U.S.

This is were I purchased my 325i in Sept. and had a very good experience. I have not used the Service Dept. yet, but the Garage is incredible.

Thank you for the compliment. I am a sales associate for Flemington BMW. Who was your salesperson? I am glad your happy and can asure you the service will be as good as the car buying experience. We arent the largest dealer in the US but in the top 10. We have 64,000sq ft. and a 21 car showroon with room to spare. Once again thank you for the business and best of luck with your car.

Ryan
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #20
TYW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: - 335i Coupe - Monaco / Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Thank you for the compliment. I am a sales associate for Flemington BMW. Who was your salesperson? I am glad your happy and can asure you the service will be as good as the car buying experience. We arent the largest dealer in the US but in the top 10. We have 64,000sq ft. and a 21 car showroon with room to spare. Once again thank you for the business and best of luck with your car.

Ryan
Hi Ryan:

Yes, I purchased my 325i in September. I was at the showroom last week for the first time... very impressive!

I will PM you since I don't want to post the Sales Associates name without his permission.

Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
DTDREW
Rep
n/a
Drives:

prestige is going to have a huuuuuuge 60 car showroom shortly
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #22
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW
Hi Ryan:

Yes, I purchased my 325i in September. I was at the showroom last week for the first time... very impressive!

I will PM you since I don't want to post the Sales Associates name without his permission.

Thanks...

PM sent
Appreciate 0