E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 radio drank a big gulp---HELP!

04-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
TheRealPeterman
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w/ZPP

E90 radio drank a big gulp---HELP!

Hello members...
my '06 e90 had a bit of a problem last week when I accidentally spilled most of a soda into the dash, most of it landing on the hazard/DTC buttons, START/STOP button, all of the radio, and all of the A/C controls.

When it happened, the gauges started going crazy, the dash was flashing every possible lamp, and the radio turned off. I got it home and tended to it by disassembling the wood trim removed the radio and the A/C controls.

I proceeded to dismantle the front face of the A/C controls, cleaned the PCB, and did the same to the radio (removed the face and cleaned the pcb).

Got rid of everything sticky, right now the problem is this:
The steering wheel control dont work (none of them). The radio also will NOT TURN OFF, where before it used to when I turned off the ignition.

Besides that, everything else is responding beautifully. Do you guys think I blew a fuse or something?? ANY help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

maybe some type of control module? Im not an expert but I hope you resolve your problem!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Normaly I would say TV tuner cleaner

Normaly I would say TV tuner cleaner or some type of electronic solvent on the stuff that doesn't work.
Did you spill junk on the wheel to ? If you did you probably need the the steering wheel removed and cleaned .
I would check the fuses just to be sure, but I don't know which ones.

There are some electrical pdf's here

http://bmwcoders.com/forum/

http://bmwcoders.com/forum/3-er-8/bm...1-e92-e93-291/

I would look at the DIY for steering angle sensors in the DIY section here to get and idea of whats behind the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0