E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Clear bra - With or without the hood?

06-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Clear bra - With or without the hood?

I've been deciding on getting a clear bra or not but the part I dislike the most is the dirt that gets on the hood. I realize you can get it out but I really don't like the line. At least on my fiance's White IS. I think it might be because it shows up more on white than it would on space gray, but what do you think about getting the clear bra without getting the partial hood done? Is there really a lot of chipping that happens on the front portion of the hood? In my experience, it's been mostly the front bumper. Not really trying to save money, more so trying to avoid the unsightly hood line. What do you think?

On a side note, anyone in Socal have a clear bra on their Space Gray car?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
bmwmike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe - SOLD

If you get it just on the front bumper and headlights then you can't tell it's there. Once you put it on the hood you notice it. Other's don't notice it on the hood until you point it out. The rocks will hit anywhere. Especially in the front 3 or so inches on the hood. i've had a bunch of rock chips on the hood prior to getting the clear bra and two rocks sailed right over and struck my truck lid!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I have it on my montego blue, and it is noticable when the car is dirty. A small price to pay, expecially after those first few rock 'chunks'.

I really hate rock chips and such on the front. I ended up replacing and repainting my front bumper when I had an Accord from all the rock junk. But then, I drove really fast all the time and picked up tons of chips.
Appreciate 0