E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Recode to Hi-Fi Help

04-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
tdgesq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Recode to Hi-Fi Help

So I took my e90 to the nearest shop that has the Autologic tool. I told him I needed to recode from my top hifi (logic 7) system to hifi. He had never done it before, so I showed him some of the posts on this forum hoping it would help.

We played around with it for a while (he let me in the garage with him), and here were the initial options:

1) professional logic 7

2) professional RAD2

3) Remove Radio

I was a little bit confused since I have the professional radio, which I understand is what "RAD2" stands for. Anyway, he didn't want to do anything until he a little bit more guidance. Really nice helpful guy. Spent about 30 minutes of his time for free messing with it.

Does anybody here know how to do this or somebody the shop could contact to guide us through it? Thanks much.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Try the coding subforum

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Personally I would try the rad2 option then access the hidden radio menu to view results

If that doesn't work I would try the no radio THEN the rad 2 option

I got mine coded at dealer for $104
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
tdgesq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Personally I would try the rad2 option then access the hidden radio menu to view results

If that doesn't work I would try the no radio THEN the rad 2 option
That's what I figured, but he was more concerned about getting it coded back to logic 7 if the recode didn't work properly. For whatever reason, he believes that coding back to logic 7 would be considerably more difficult.

Well, my Technic harness just arrived, so its damn well getting recoded one way or another.
Appreciate 0