E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Tired of FM

06-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Tired of FM

Ok so i'm driving to work and the same Shit on FM... Commercial, commercial, commercial, talk show, commercial, commercial, gospel, commercial, talk show, played out song, commercial, played out song, gospel, played out song, etc...

I litterly must of heard 1 ok song on the way to work yesterday. the whole time i was 1st gear, change channel, 2nd gear change channel, 3rd gear, change channel, 4th gear, change channel, change channel, etc....

Everytime a song comes out, and it's good, they play the shit out of it on FM.. They play it everywhere untill that song becomes embarrasing to play out loud. And you simply can not find any good songs anymore.

Sure, sure why not get an ipod. I have a 30gig ipod, and it's cool because i play all my songs. But after hearing all my hot songs over and over and over again, it starts to get a bit the same. Yeah i can go online and get more songs, but after i download them, they become over played in my ipod.

I went into my friends Toyota one day and he had XM radio, and he clicked on rap, then hip hop, and let me tell you they were play GREAT oldie's that bring me back in the days, then they had moder hip hop, and EVERY SONG i heard, i was bobbing my head to. I was amazed the quality of sound, and i didn't hear FREAKEN COMMERCIAL. It was music, music, music, music, music, music, music, 8 second announcement, and then again like 10 songs back to back, and nothing but good music.

I liked how he had jazz, dance, hip hop, rock, etc... stations. That was good. And i want to listen to that in my stereo system in my 335i!

So what's the deal, i go to circle bmw get the unit for $4__something, then the installation kit i think $22. Once it gets here i take it to my dealer to get it installed and working properly with my car. So tha's what 150 dollars. I'm cool with my customer relations guy in the dealership so i'll see how much he charges me for the installation. If 150 it's cool but i'll see if it could be lower. SOOOOooo then what? i call Serius and activate it and pay for the time i want to use (months, or year? Def year subscription) or does bmw give me one year free?

Because i called bmw and this stupid ass lady was on the phone and it was like playing telephone.

Me:Can it be installed in my 335i coupe car?
Lady:hold on..... Year?
Me:year?..... uhhhhh 2007
Lady: hold on..............yes
Me: ok how much?
Lady: hold on...............$495 dollars
Me: does that include installation?
Lady: uhhh hold on..............No installation should be another 200
Me: Do they activate it or do i have to?
Lady: uhhh ... hold on.................you will activate it with a number
Me: Will i get any free subscription?
Lady: hold on....
Me......HANGED UP

I got tired of the stupid ass girl, just connect me to the person answering all the fuckin question.

Anyway do they or not?.. and how well do you like your SERIUS satelite radio. Thank you

BTW. Circle bmw is the cheapest place i find it for so far
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

one more thing this http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...ID=27385231022

says i can have sirius, or xm, or hd... is that true??? can the dealer install XM one in my car?

IF so, which is preffered?.. XM or sirius
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
If you have an '07 you can easily have Sirius installed. There is no OEM XM for BMW.

Just do it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
jakillo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I don't know the answer to your questions, but Sirius is DEF Better than XM in my opinion. I hope that BMW gives 1 year free, but I dunno, plz someone answer!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

sat radio is a must have in any car
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=inno

Do that^^^

Being limited to listen to satellite radio just in the car sucks. Being able to take it out and move it into your house or take it on vacation and plug it into the rental car rocks..

If you want an Inno make sure you buy the GEN 1 inno, myradiostore might have a few left, or pick one off ebay. Dont get the Gen 2 inno since it uses sure connect for FM modulation which sucks. Or if you wont want to use FM modulation you can run another wire to the center console for a direct lin in via AUX, I only use FM modulation so i would only have 2 wires instead of 3 and the fact that I was too lazy to go out and find a black wire to use for AUX in since I only have a white one.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #7
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
sat radio is a must have in any car

I agree I hate FM it sucks!!!

I have Sirius as a factory install, XM sportcaster in my sunglass holder and my iPod :rocks:
      06-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #8
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

XM was better than Sirius until they got gay and suspended Opie & Anthony. Go SAT, whatever company you want... they are looking to merge anyway...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI, all BMW's

one year free is supposed to be with any factory installed or dealer installed satellite unit. If you get the unit elsewhere there is no guarantee that it will include the free year. even some of our units we install at the dealership don't come up with the free year when the customer calls sirius and it takes hours to resolve.
      06-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #10
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

yeah i want to get it done at bmw. I went to purchase sirius radio external one and theirs the wire i have to put outside and stuff... and the customer service was the worst soo...

I went to circle bmw and purchased sirius to be built in. Now when i get it i have to bring it to bmw to get it installed. I would prefer that. Having to find a spot to put the portable one and running the wire and the cirraget electrical thing, etc... i can do it but i don't want all that stuff to be done, and i have no time. I would much preffer to be built in and run it thru my idrive.

We'll i'll let everyone know how it's comming along. I won't install it for another 4 weeks i think though because planning a vacation so i don't want to blow the money.
Appreciate 0