F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > base 3 series with no options avaiable yet?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
orange382
Registered
Rep
Drives: es350

base 3 series with no options avaiable yet?

Hi all, I was wondering how I can order a base 3 series with no options. Would I go to a dealership or how would this online ordering work?
I'm not interested in any the options as I would like to pay the lowest price possible. The only option I will be purchasing is the 100k/6year extended warranty. Thanks in advanced!
I'm in southern California if that helps
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Kabz
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i - 6MT

You will have to order it from a dealer and wait for it to be built.
As far as I have seen -- dealerships are getting fully loaded and well equipped models only. There may be one bare bones vehicle, but depending on if you're looking at 328 or 335, the inventory is probably really limited.

At the same time, I'm not sure if you can opt out of choosing a trim and go totally base. And I'm not sure it would make sense given that the difference is greater than or equal to three extra payments on the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
gator15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange382 View Post
Hi all, I was wondering how I can order a base 3 series with no options. Would I go to a dealership or how would this online ordering work?
I'm not interested in any the options as I would like to pay the lowest price possible. The only option I will be purchasing is the 100k/6year extended warranty. Thanks in advanced!
The base model is available to be ordered. Initially, I thought that I was going to order a base model and my dealer wasn't even aware there was a base model. I later changed my order to the sport line, but I definitely know that you can order base. There are just some minor changes to it from the line models, like 17" wheels, different steering wheel, different fog lights and the strip in the rear of the car is the body color.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
jgrasty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I've never seen a zero option 3-series sitting at a dealer here in Dallas. They always put the Premium Package on them and frequently Xenon headlights as well.

You can order whatever you want, though, so don't let that stop you.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)

Quote:
Dude a barbones BMW isnt really the way to go. You need at least a Premium Package. It's really flat. The base model have no cutomization there one leather choise and that's it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuyadeen
Quote:
Dude a barbones BMW isnt really the way to go. You need at least a Premium Package. It's really flat. The base model have no cutomization there one leather choise and that's it!!
I agree. You don't need bells and whistles if affordability is your need, but if all you can afford is a base 328i with 17" wheels, buy something else for a few years. Navi, HK stereo, M suspension, xenons, parking package - these are nice to haves. Keeping from being the dude who has the worst Bimmer on the block is a necessity.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Maybe there is a different reason to do that?

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0