E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Fm interference on 6FL-solution thread

05-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
stefano7171
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i Msport

Fm interference on 6FL-solution thread

Guys,

myself and many of you have experienced the FM radio interference while listening through the ipod via the usb interface (option code 6FL). Fm switches on for no apparent reason every few tracks/minutes

I think that instead of posting more comments like "I have the same problem" on several different threads, it would be more useful for us all to share knowledge as soon as somebody find a solution to this unpleasant issue.

I will take my car for a complete software reload in a couple of weeks to try and see if it will solve the matter and then let you all know if such system worked.

If anybody in the meantime will find a different way to overcome the inconvenience, please post it here.

Let's share best practice!

Thanks
      05-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI, all BMW's

here's the question... does it only happen when the car was on ipod when you started it? meaning you didn't actively select the ipod/aux?

here's a tidbit I found from one of the bulletins...

During operation, the Entertainment source spontaneously switches from audio device (iPod, MP3 player) to FM radio:

Select the audio device as the Entertainment source manually. Disconnect/reconnect the device concerned if necessary
      05-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
moneymoy
Registered
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

It happens regardless of what mode it was in upon startup. After seeing that note in the bulletin, I thought maybe it meant meant to try selecting the ipod manually using the mode button instead of using iDrive, but I tried that too and it still dropped out after a few minutes. There's also no apparent pattern to when it drops out either, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15, moving, stopped in traffic, makes no difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
stefano7171
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymoy View Post
It happens regardless of what mode it was in upon startup. After seeing that note in the bulletin, I thought maybe it meant meant to try selecting the ipod manually using the mode button instead of using iDrive, but I tried that too and it still dropped out after a few minutes. There's also no apparent pattern to when it drops out either, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15, moving, stopped in traffic, makes no difference.
Correct!