E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW E92 Coupe Ecterior bul warning light

01-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
A9LND
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 E92 Coupe

BMW E92 Coupe Ecterior bul warning light

Hi Guys

First time poster

I have recently had my back light replaced due to a fault, The light came on then, I have had the back light cluster replaced, and the light is still coming on. The mechanic I had to look over it has plugged in the computer and advises there are no other faults, also removed the light an put it back in, but the warning light is still coming on.

Can anyone please advise on how I can get this reset

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Perhaps there is an error in the other bulb holder on the other taillight? If the error light is back on then you can pull the code through your dashboard which will point you to the location of the fault. On older e92's there is a TSB for an updated bulb holder because the bulbs work themselves loose on the prior design, and while they still light up will throw a fault code. Happened on my e92 twice, but I tweaked the contacts in my existing bulb holder assembly rather than buying the updated version. The light hasn't returned ever since
Appreciate 0