BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
M1one1M
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: nothing

Rear Toe arms with Coilovers.

Looking at buying a set of KW V3's and don't know whether to buy a set of adjustable rear toe arms as well?

My biggest concern is premature tyre wear more than anything else.
Are they necessary to prevent the tyres from scalloping on the insides once lowered on the coilovers, or is it just a waste of money?

Thanks advance for any help/suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1one1M View Post
Looking at buying a set of KW V3's and don't know whether to buy a set of adjustable rear toe arms as well?

Are they necessary to prevent the tyres from scalloping on the insides once lowered on the coilovers, or is it just a waste of money?

The factory arms are adjustable also, just not as much. If you don't lower it a lot, you should have enough adjustment in the factory arms. If you lower it a bunch, you may run out. Once you get the KW's installed, you can get an alignment and see if you have enough adjustment range. If you run out, then you will want the aftermarket toe arms. The lower arms adjust camber though, and you will need to get both the camber and the toe set in the rear.
      01-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1one1M View Post

There is plenty of adjustments in the 1M rear toe arms. Unless you are going with out of the norm camber settings, which requires more adjustments from the toe arms, you don't need them. However, the adjustable rear toe arms do allow much easier and precise adjustments of toe. Your alignment tech. will thank you for installing them.
Appreciate 0