E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I got Eurocharged Stage 1

01-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
Thumbs up I got Eurocharged Stage 1

First some info:
My car is a 08 auto 335i e90, has 58,3XX miles, 2nd HPFP replaced @ 38,123, upgraded dme @ 38,123, and replaced 5 injectors @ 45,185 miles.

Upgrades:
vanguard exhaust and aFe drop in filter. (will get aftermarket FMIC and maybe dp's later)

Only tunes I can compare with Eurocharged is the SSTT and JB+. While the piggybacks gave a nice increase in power, it wasn't smooth as the Eurocharged tune.
With the piggybacks i would up/downshift in DS and it would jerk most of the time, but Eurocharged feels very smooth and more powerful than I expected.
The gains were very noticeable, straight linear increase in power all the way which really impressed me.

Reason for going this route was because i did not want to go through the hassles of installing anything and wanted something tuned personally by someone instead of a generic map out there.

I am on 11.8lb of boost, and dyno'd on a low-reading dyno dynamics. so numbers will be a low.

Few minutes right after i got the tune i felt the power instantly.

here's something a little extra. this is exhaust only 335i vs FOB evo x.
(i usually don't do this, but it was for science.)

*Reserved for "Stg 1 Eurocharge bmw 335i vs FOB evo x"*

Thanks for reading.

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Nice looking ride.

So looking at your numbers I can tell you that a bone stock car with a PROcede v5 running the latest maps would be putting down about the same numbers. The fact that you plan on doing more mods you are also missing the point of all the recent map releases that target specific levels of tuning based on mods. It sounded like you tested a few other tunes, but with which maps?

I can't talk about any other tunes out on the market today and don't know what you paid to have your ride tuned or even what it will cost you to have it retuned every time you make a change... But I can tell you that COBB, JB, and PROcede will let you try their tunes and if you're not happy with the tune return it.... I also don't know how good COBB's tech support is, but Terry and Shiv are always willing to help almost on the spot if you have issues and need technical support.

Then go find that EVO again... because you're video was very disappointing.

Good luck and keep it clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
Only tunes I can compare with Eurocharged is the SSTT and JB+. While the piggybacks gave a nice increase in power, it wasn't smooth as the Eurocharged tune.
With the piggybacks i would up/downshift in DS and it would jerk most of the time, but Eurocharged feels very smooth and more powerful than I expected.

The gains were very noticeable, straight linear increase in power all the way which really impressed me.

Reason for going this route was because i did not want to go through the hassles of installing anything and wanted something tuned personally by someone instead of a generic map out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Nice looking ride.

So looking at your numbers I can tell you that a bone stock car with a PROcede v5 running the latest maps would be putting down about the same numbers. The fact that you plan on doing more mods you are also missing the point of all the recent map releases that target specific levels of tuning based on mods. It sounded like you tested a few other tunes, but with which maps?

I can't talk about any other tunes out on the market today and don't know what you paid to have your ride tuned or even what it will cost you to have it retuned every time you make a change... But I can tell you that COBB, JB, and PROcede will let you try their tunes and if you're not happy with the tune return it.... I also don't know how good COBB's tech support is, but Terry and Shiv are always willing to help almost on the spot if you have issues and need technical support.

Then go find that EVO again... because you're video was very disappointing.

Good luck and keep it clean!
The video was his car with only exhaust vs the Evo X...Says there is a reserved space for his car with the new tune + exhaust vs the Evo X...so hopefully we will have updates soon
      01-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Solid gains.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
eurocharged
We're still here
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tuned Euros Only

Glad you're liking the tune Bill... welcome to the EC family and thanks for posting all the great videos/pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
We also provide a money back guarantee for all of our customers and we are always around to help with tech support, future mod planning or even just some general car talk.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
slow4.7
Private
Rep
Drives: blue 335i

0_o
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Seems to me that Eurocharged is willing to communicate. Why not give that a try and stop acting like a child, derailing another member's thread.
Appreciate 0