E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > FS: iPhone 4S 64GB Black AT&T Brand new Sealed

10-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

FS: iPhone 4S 64GB Black AT&T Brand new Sealed

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
FS: iPhone 4S 64GB Black AT&T Brand new Sealed

Brand new, sealed in box, Black iPhone 4S 64GB for AT&T

Never activated, never opened

I've seen 32GB for $800-950 on Craigslist, so I feel my price is very fair.

Decided I just want to get rid of it....

$700 Cash Pick up

or you can add shipping ($5 if shipped via USPS, or more if you want FedEX or insurance, I won't be making money off shipping, exact quote :P)
Also, assuming no pp fees

Last edited by persian54; 10-16-2011 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Just as an FYI to save you and potential buyer hassle.

If you got this phone on an upgrade it MUST be activated the first time on the phone number you upgraded it with. After that you are free to swap SIM cards and sell to someone.

I just went through this issue. The phone can only be activated the first time with the SIM card in the box which is tied to the phone number it was upgraded under. If you let the buyer indeed activate it with the SIM in the box your phone would be dead and you'd need a new SIM card. Buyer would also need last 4 of yours SS# and billing zip code to get it active.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
LemonIce
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA View Post

If you got this phone on an upgrade it MUST be activated the first time on the phone number you upgraded it with. After that you are free to swap SIM cards and sell to someone.

I just went through this issue. The phone can only be activated the first time with the SIM card in the box which is tied to the phone number it was upgraded under. If you let the buyer indeed activate it with the SIM in the box your phone would be dead and you'd need a new SIM card. Buyer would also need last 4 of yours SS# and billing zip code to get it active.
Good to know!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Woooooo.. thank god I didn't get the 4S to flip.. would of been a hassle.

Anyways, my friend got the 4S from Apple.com but it did not include sim card. He had to go ATT store to buy one.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
LemonIce
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

Anyways, my friend got the 4S from Apple.com but it did not include sim card. He had to go ATT store to buy one.
lol
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

I'm planning to flip one soon. Just have to open the box and activate it then remove your SIM card. After that you're good to sell it. Just won't be sealed in box.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes and no.

If the AT&T rep does NOT register the upgraded iPhone (nor the sim inside) with your account, then any number/anyone can activate it.
Since I told her I was selling it to flip, she did it this way and I was grateful.
Furthermore, when she upgraded, she said there was no need to mark that an iPhone was being purchased for that specific account, but simply mark that it's a smartphone, and that she needed to add a data plan. After everything went through, she cancelled the data plan right away so I would't be charged for something I wasn't going to use; she was awesome.

Had she scanned the iPhone/registered it to the phone number I used to upgrade, then there would have been issues like you reported.

I appreciate you trying to help, but it's best to have ALL the info before you go around posting

Anyways:

iPhone sold on CL for a good deal more than what I asked on here.

I'm rather annoyed at the lowballs I got... $600 for a 64GB? Are you guys serious? A 32GB sells for that and more. $600 would be top dollar for a 16GB and that's hit.

I expect lowballers from craigslist, but didn't expect it from here.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Why didn't you just return it?

30 days for at&t I believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
zeenon53
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

There's nothing wrong with 600 as a first offer if your asking 700...

Either way that's a crazy price for a phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
Why didn't you just return it?

30 days for at&t I believe.
Why would I return it?

There's a $35 restocking fee

I sold it for $780, purchased for $474, with a $18 upgrade fee that I will get waived.
$300 profit in less than 24 hours isn't bad, considering I was at the ATT store for something not iPhone 4S related anyways.
Plus there was no line :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenon53 View Post
There's nothing wrong with 600 as a first offer if your asking 700...

Either way that's a crazy price for a phone.
Sorry I don't agree with your first statement, but I do agree with your second statement

Though some fanbois may go crazy if they see/hear you making the iPhone to seem 'just a phone' lol
I've had some people go crazy on me in the past..X.x
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Yes and no.

If the AT&T rep does NOT register the upgraded iPhone (nor the sim inside) with your account, then any number/anyone can activate it.
Since I told her I was selling it to flip, she did it this way and I was grateful.
Furthermore, when she upgraded, she said there was no need to mark that an iPhone was being purchased for that specific account, but simply mark that it's a smartphone, and that she needed to add a data plan. After everything went through, she cancelled the data plan right away so I would't be charged for something I wasn't going to use; she was awesome.

Had she scanned the iPhone/registered it to the phone number I used to upgrade, then there would have been issues like you reported.

I appreciate you trying to help, but it's best to have ALL the info before you go around posting

Anyways:

iPhone sold on CL for a good deal more than what I asked on here.

I'm rather annoyed at the lowballs I got... $600 for a 64GB? Are you guys serious? A 32GB sells for that and more. $600 would be top dollar for a 16GB and that's hit.

I expect lowballers from craigslist, but didn't expect it from here.
Well... I figured I had enough info to warrant giving a precaution to people. I know many of these are popping up for sale on craigslist and buyers/sellers unaware of this issue. It does makes sense that if you somehow got AT&T to sell it to you w/o even scanning the phone you'd be okay. The same would not be true for someone who preordered on Apple.com and then tried to sell. When the preorder is made the phone is tied to your account.
Anyway, grats on making a quick buck!! I'll be doing the same thing in about a week.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well... I figured I had enough info to warrant giving a precaution to people. I know many of these are popping up for sale on craigslist and buyers/sellers unaware of this issue. It does makes sense that if you somehow got AT&T to sell it to you w/o even scanning the phone you'd be okay. The same would not be true for someone who preordered on Apple.com and then tried to sell. When the preorder is made the phone is tied to your account.
Anyway, grats on making a quick buck!! I'll be doing the same thing in about a week.

I do appreciate the info and you trying to help

Some more info:

I pre-ordered my personal 4S via Apple, but since my own line isn't eligible for an upgrade (used it last year on the 4), I had to use a different number on my account
But when I set up my iOS5, i simply removed the sim card that came with it, put in my original 4 sim card, and the phone was able to be restored and set up without any issues. No activation of the phone was necessary nor did I need to use the sim card that came with the phone.

If you set up the iPhone 4S from a backup of an already backed up and activated iPhone 4 that is (or was..) running iOS5, then you do not need to activate the phone using the sim card (and the number that you used to get it) that came with it
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
Advan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stillen tuned 370Z

Quote:

If the phone was purchased via pre-order from Apple yes that's correct. If you bought it from Apple store, of course they would of activated the phone on spot.

If you purchased it from AT&T or pre-ordered it from AT&T it doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0